After reading many questions and answers here about moving photos from the Galaxy s6 to a Mac laptop - and three hours on the phone with various tech lines - I gave it up and downloaded Airdroid on my Mac and the S6.

It was magically fast moving about 100 photos over to my computer! Here's the sad part: I can't for the life of me figure out how to get them out of the Mac Airdroid app and into Photos.

I can't select them. I opened Photos and tried to import from there, but Airdroid is greyed out as an option to import from.

Can't drag and drop them, either.

There's an icon below the photos that's a page with a corner turned down. I've experimented with clicking on that. It lets me choice an Applications, and I click on Photos. Nothing goes anywhere.

Another icon for "Folder Transfer" pops a window up that says it's a paid feature only. Is that the only way to get the photos moved from Airdroid to Mac Photos?

Any help appreciated!
    12-09-2015 01:37 AM
    Don't know about fixing AirDroid, but have you considered just using Google photos to sync on both devices? https://photos.google.com/apps

Or any other cloud storage like Dropbox or Drive would work too.
    12-09-2015 09:28 AM
    Thanks. I'm using Dropbox as a backup but lordy, is that slow! Just painfully slow.

Airdroid was so fast! But I still can't figure out how to get the photos out of the app into Photos. They're useless to me until I can do that. Frustrating, because there they sit on my computer, looking at me!
    12-10-2015 10:05 PM
    Figured it out!

There's a tiny preference settings gear almost lost down on the bottom left of the page. Clicked that and discovered that the default setting is my Downloads folder, and lo and behold - there they were!

I hope this helps somebody else. Thanks!
    cpaight likes this.
    12-10-2015 10:22 PM