05-07-2011 11:59 PM
29 12
tools
    So I was wondering what is the best all around web browser, All around I mean which has the best user experiences, which is slow and fast and can you customize the broswer?
    I've grown a lil bit tired of the stock browser. Thank you.
    02-21-2011 08:24 PM
    I'm still happy with the stock browser myself, but you can check the Members Favorites link in my signature and there is some more info on other browsers that android users like.
    calz likes this.
    02-21-2011 08:28 PM
    Thank you, I will go check them out.
    02-21-2011 08:37 PM
    I usually use the stock browser. The other browser I use at times is Skyfire. It makes it easy to switch from desktop/mobile views. It is good for video stuff (I use it for videos on ESPN and live games on ESPN3). It seems to work better for those things than the stock browser. There are also a lot of customization. If you are into facebook, there is a lot of optional facebook integration as well.
    calz likes this.
    02-21-2011 08:50 PM
    Looks like I will be using Skyfire for a lil testing.
    02-21-2011 08:58 PM
    I use stock and Dolphin HD.
    02-21-2011 11:23 PM
    I use stock and Dolphin HD.
    I heard Dolphin HD is pretty good as well. But is it slow?
    02-21-2011 11:55 PM
    Dolphin HD is cool, I wouldn't say it's slow, but I think the UI gets a little clunky. I like my browsers light and quick - Miren Browser is my favorite. I like the speed dial homescreen, the top sites, the RSS feed, and the fact that it's incredibly light and fast.

Check it out!
    calz likes this.
    02-22-2011 12:34 AM
    So I was wondering what is the best all around web browser
    Depends on who you ask. Best is always highly subjective, regardless of topic. I mean, I use the stock browser.
    02-22-2011 01:23 PM
    I tried out Dolphin HD and yeah the UI is a bit too cramped for me. Thanks for suggesting though. Skyfire was okay not for me though. Miren browser works like a charm for me thanks for helping me out but of course I am still going to use stock browser sometimes.
    02-22-2011 01:56 PM
    Dolphin Mini works great for me. The speed dials are really nice and overall the browser itself is pretty user friendly IMO and doesn't lag at all on my gen. 1 moto droid.
    02-22-2011 02:28 PM
    Dolphin Mini ( or HD ) for me.
    02-22-2011 03:45 PM
    I use the stock browser, but lately some articles on stltoday.com have caused it to crash. I hope to eventually be able to move to Firefox.
    02-22-2011 03:48 PM
    Firefox is horrible right now. They've got a long way to go before it is a good fit for Android. Skyfire is great for online videos that require flash. Even if your phone doesn't support flash it will play through Skyfire. Other than that I've tried them all and given them more than their fair chance, but I still keep coming back to and use the stock browser 99% of the time.
    02-22-2011 07:36 PM
    Firefox is horrible right now. They've got a long way to go before it is a good fit for Android. Skyfire is great for online videos that require flash. Even if your phone doesn't support flash it will play through Skyfire. Other than that I've tried them all and given them more than their fair chance, but I still keep coming back to and use the stock browser 99% of the time.
    Firefox is actually fantastic on devices it supports, it doesn't supports all android devices.

Firefox's seamless sync with desktop version is really fabulous, it is also much faster than stock browser, responsive, can remember multiple passwords, remember form fills. Awesome screen is also extremely awesome.

Only problem is it won't do flash for next 6 months at least.
    02-24-2011 09:30 PM
    What's Firefox's seamless sync? What does it do?
    02-24-2011 09:38 PM
    I'm really liking Boat Browser. For the main reason that I get things sized exactly the way I like it.
    02-25-2011 05:35 AM
    +1 to this

Dolphin HD is cool, I wouldn't say it's slow, but I think the UI gets a little clunky. I like my browsers light and quick - Miren Browser is my favorite. I like the speed dial homescreen, the top sites, the RSS feed, and the fact that it's incredibly light and fast.

Check it out!
    02-25-2011 08:50 AM
    I'm typically using Miren browser but I wish I could theme it to be black instead of blue.
    02-25-2011 09:24 AM
    I've always used XScope. I remember reading somewhere that it won some page loading speed test so I got it and have never needed to use anything else.
    02-25-2011 09:44 AM
    I've tried a couple different browsers and here are my findings on the Galaxy Tab. Obviously your browsing experience is going to vary from phone to phone with each application.

Stock Browser: It's like this application wasn't meant for a Tablet. When you scroll around it acts like it has to fetch that part of the page. (You see the checkered background A LOT.)

Miren Browser: Better than the stock, but you can still tell that it lags when scrolling.

Dolphin Browser HD: The best browser I could find so far that works AMAZING on the Galaxy Tab. No lag, loads pages fast, awesome scrolling. I would def check this one out to see how well it performs on your phone. You can also check out the other Dolphin Browser versions to see if those ones work better.
    02-25-2011 12:30 PM
    OperaMini

Pros:
    - UI is designed well, easy to use, does not get in the way, clean and simple
    - very fast page loading and rendering
    - optimizes the page for your specific screen size
    - image quality control (high, med, low, no images) to help boost speed
    - very fast page scrolling up/down
    - full screen mode
    - mobile view mode (so you don't have to scroll left, right, up and down to read a page, only need to scroll up and down)
    - Previously visited pages (in the same session) load instantly when you hit the Back button since they are cached. A lot of the browsers don't cached the pages and must refetch the page (which is very slow)
    - compresses the pages on the proxy server which greatly helps in download speed and reduces used space on your device memory.
    - quick dial favorites
    - good bookmark management (syncs online too with desktop bookmarks)
    - save pages for offline viewing
    - search for text in pages

Cons
    - no flash support (some might call this a Pro since you can see those annoying flash ads)
    - uh...can't think of any others
    02-26-2011 08:06 AM
    My vote goes for Dolphin Mini. It has everything you love about Dolphin HD and none of the bloat or lagginess.

I also really like Miren Browser. It's only downside is that it doesn't have the gestures feature, which the two Dolphin browsers do. If you never find yourself using gestures, then give Miren a shot.
    02-26-2011 09:25 PM
    I don't get how dolphin hd is better than stock browser. It still scrolls very laggy on my evo. I like opera mobile the best. smooth and fast.
    02-27-2011 02:52 AM
    I can't stop using Dolphin HD... I think it's fantastic. The side-bar bookmarks thing is super handy for quick access to the bookmarks. Overall a solid, fast experience.
    02-27-2011 02:01 PM
29 12