Can someone please tell me how to get push notifications from Facebook back? I have tried everything on the net about fixing notifications with no luck. What happened was this: my battery was draining very quickly at one point. So I started downloading various battery saving apps and phone cleaning apps. I do not recall exactly how many or which ones. During my battery saving and phone cleaning frenzy a couple apps asked if I wanted to lock and do various tweaks to Facebook. I accepted, and ever since I have never received another notification from Facebook since. It's been months and I've read every article I could find on the net explaining how to fix notifications and nothing seems to help. I tried uninstall/reinstall, clear data and cache. Deleting Facebook account from settings/account's then re adding them. Going into the fb app and turning notifications of then on. Pretty much everything I could think of with the exception of a factory reset. I would rather not reset my phone because I know whatever the unknown apps did can surely be reversed. I'm on a Samsung Galaxy S5 Active running Android 4.4.2

Thanks in advance
    Evan Robinson
    12-15-2015 07:39 PM
    Lol. Have you bothered to look at the user feedback for the Facebook app? It has always been probably the most complained about "mainstream" app and is more likely than not the root cause of your poor battery life.
    12-15-2015 07:53 PM
    Hello Evan, welcome to the forums! I would uninstall all those battery saver, cleaner and memory booster apps. They can do more harm than good. After this reboot your phone and see if the problem persists. If no go uninstall Facebook, reboot the phone and install it back again. Tell us how it goes.
    12-15-2015 07:58 PM