Google play App Store missing, how can I get it back?

A

AC Question

Google play App Store missing

After receiving lots of messages over last couple of weeks re lack of app storage on HTC one S I removed as much of the 'data' I could today but in doing so I must have removed the data that was required to access and download the play store. When I click on play store now I am just taken to a screen as if I'm going to log in to my gmail acct. the only Google icons I have are a blue Google and a red google+ . What can I do to get access back to the Google play App Store ?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Google play App Store missing

I would re enable all apps that you disabled. Stock doesn't let you uninstall system apps... Unless you are rooted? If so, just restore all the apps from a backup.

b56c

May 21, 2013
Visit site

When I go to settings/apps it shows google play store as being there at 23.mb. When I tap on it it is not disabled. I didn't disable anything today. I either uninstalled apps if I could do this or I went into the app and chose 'clear data.'

Dont know what 'rooted' means so I guess I'm not that!

How do I restore from backup?

b56c

May 21, 2013
Visit site

Saved some photos to laptop, rest of things like notes and messages I didn't know where to look, so did factory reset without saving them. Seems to be working again, just have to retransfer any files I want back on the phone.

Thank you for your input.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech