Wifi Direct app to send photos instantly?

pmolsen

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Wifi Direct app to send photos instantly

I need an Android (and/or IOS) app that will send photos instantly either way between two phones using wifi-direct and display them on the other phone without any further actions either end.

Apps like Superbeam can send a photo but it requires multiple actions both ends. I have searched the app store but cannot find anything.

Basically the two apps would connect using any sort of authorisation (eg. simple password). Each app would have a camera icon. When tapped the typical camera screen would display. When the photo was taken it would automatically transmit to and display on the other phone. Either person could then click their photo icon and take another photo and send instantly to the other party etc. until either end shut down their app.

pmolsen

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Superbeam does not appear to have an option to transfer a photo direct from the camera to the other phone. It transfers files from a folder.

I think Samsung's Galaxy S3 Share Shot is basically what I need. Only problem is it only works with Samsung. I need it to work with any Android and also IOS. . Also not sure if it exists on subsequent Samsung models.

Apple doesn't support Wifi Direct as such but Superbeam somehow manages to do cross-platform wifi transfers according to their write-up so it must be possible.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers