Can I remove or freeze Googe App version 5.7.14.19.arm?

A

AC Question

This thing appeared one day on my phone. I figured it was necessary. But I never use it and it doesn't seem to run in the background. And now it just keeps getting bigger and bigger with each update. Now it is up to about 80MB...

I'm talking about Google App (like a google search). I really don't need it. Would this be safe to freeze or will I screw something up?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Which phone do you have? Freezing the Google app could disable the Now launcher and a couple more things, so make sure this not your stock and only launcher before going ahead.

Chiefns830

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
I just have a cheap LG Optimus Fuel. Kitkat 4.4. I'm not talking about Google Play Services or anything like that - this is just the Google search app where you are supposed to say, "OK Google" and then it can search anything...

What I did do is I cleared the cache, then I uninstalled all the updates. There was like 50MB worth of updates. After I did this I restarted the phone and it was gone. Went to Apps, not there. I open my titanium backup and look for it - not there either. However when I open Google Play there it is, wanting to update itself again. Ain't gonna happen.

Is there some way to get rid of it permanently so I don't see it requesting an update every time I go into Google Play?

Chiefns830

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
Update: After doing as I described above, I notice a boost in battery life. After 24 hours I'm at about 80% which is what it was like when I first got the phone. There is very little informatin on the web about Googe App version 5.7.14.19.arm. I suspect it is a battery hog. I'd also like to know what it looks like prior to any updates. I'm sure it is still in there somewhere but with a different icon.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish