Samsung Pay is not working at Lowes

Scott Currence

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Worked in the beginning but now all I get is card read errors. Try 2 or 3 times. Works everywhere else. Cashier at Lowes said that they came in and updated the terminals the day before this started. Can someone who has shopped at Lowes in the last few days report success or failure?

Deputy1

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I've shopped at Lowe's on numerous occasions and have had zero success. The strange thing is that the employee kmew what I was attempting and said it should work! She was familiar with Samsung Pay, and said they had been trained on its use. Still, no luck. Haven't used it since. I'm sure I'll give it another shot in the future.

Posted via the Android Central App

Scott Currence

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I've shopped at Lowe's on numerous occasions and have had zero success. The strange thing is that the employee kmew what I was attempting and said it should work! She was familiar with Samsung Pay, and said they had been trained on its use. Still, no luck. Haven't used it since. I'm sure I'll give it another shot in the future.

My problem is it worked once, so I know it does. That's what bothers me.

Mr_Bugman

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I've had one failure on 3 attempts here. I always get the read error but if I just hold the phone there until it's accepted it seems to work. Last time it beeped and errored 3 times before working. Went through just before I was about to hit retry.

Scott Currence

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I've had one failure on 3 attempts here. I always get the read error but if I just hold the phone there until it's accepted it seems to work. Last time it beeped and errored 3 times before working. Went through just before I was about to hit retry.

Was that on a debit or credit card? Doesn't seem to be as smooth as every where else though.
Once it asks for my pin number that should be it right?

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
wow... so it wasn't me...

I was about to start a new thread about this. Samsung Pay used to work just fine at my local Lowe's. It stopped working two or three weeks ago on ALL of the registers at the store. Samsung Pay continues to work at almost all other places that i shop.(from big Walmarts to tiny frozen custard shacks.... even on vending machines with credit card swipers)

I guess there must be something that was done by the credit card processing company that Lowe's uses?

Furious10

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
Same thing happened to me today at Lowe's...01/04/2016
Machine beeped...asked for PIN... shows up at the cashiers screen as a bad card read.

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Samsung Pay on my Note 5 working again at local Lowe's store.
Just tried it this morning. ;) Not sure why it stopped working before.

Scott Currence

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I sent an email to Lowe's customer service and got a phone call back from my local stores manager within 24 hours. She said they do definitely accept Samsung pay and have been trained as to what it is and how it works and she will personally get back to me as to an explanation. I guess they take a lost sale pretty seriously at Lowe's.

bradbamford

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Failed at Lowes this morning, and I've used it there in the past with no issues.
So then I had to get out and swipe the real Credit Card. However, when I did the cashier said her screen was telling her that I had to "insert" the card (because the card has a chip). Obviously the card should have been able to swipe just as well, but something new in the system is requiring chip cards be inserted and not accepting a swipe.
I'm thinking this change may be the issue Samsung Pay is having here.

Scott Currence

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I went to Lowe's today and had a very helpful cashier. Tried credit as credit, debit as credit, and debit as debit. No luck. Always says "bad card read". Lowe's store manager has told me they do accept it but I'm the only one she knows of trying to use it there.

Abhinav Kochhar

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
I went to Lowe's today and had a very helpful cashier. Tried credit as credit, debit as credit, and debit as debit. No luck. Always says "bad card read". Lowe's store manager has told me they do accept it but I'm the only one she knows of trying to use it there.
I think you need to try for the second time when it fails, don't change the option of credit or debit.

Scott Currence

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I think you need to try for the second time when it fails, don't change the option of credit or debit.
I did try 3-4 times in each mode. Still no good. Works everywhere but Lowe's. Same issues at 4 different Lowe's stores. Seems I'm not the only one. Did use it at the table at Olive garden, no issues.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc