Manually set IP address in VPN to spoof other app?

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Hello, here is what I'm trying to accomplish. I have Comcast/Xfinity and they have a the Xfinity TV app for the X1 box but the catch is you have to be on your home network to watch live TV which seems pointless because if you're on your home network then you would just watch it on your TV. I'm guessing this is to allow other family members to watch live TV in other rooms on tablets and what not. So, what I trying to find out is if there is an app like TunnelBear (which I use and is great) that would allow me to enter my home IP settings and trick the Xfinity app to think I'm at home when I'm else where and allow me to watch live TV. I apologize if this is a frowned upon question, I didn't think it would be since I'm paying for the cable service. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I doubt that Comcast will make this easy to do.

Stepping back for a minute, if you are not at home, how are you getting the TV data from your house to you? Since you will be using wifi or cellular data, take a look at the Comcast app that already does this.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xfinity.playnow

Sorry for the late reply, this is the app that I'm trying to use as it's for the X1 platform https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...etails?id=com.xfinity.cloudtvr&token=ZXb-5Pwa To watch most of the channels you have to be on your home network. I've been trying to find an app that will allow me to input my IP setting from my home network to trick the Xfinity app to think that I am at home and allow me to watch the channels when I'm actually elsewhere. Seems like Slingbox maybe the easiest route to go but much more expensive. The app you linked to allows limited live channels like weather channel, fox news, espn and so on but not ABC, NBC or CBS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol