So I've been really jealous of iOS' web browser and now that it has "native" adblock support it has me wanting a solution for Android?

I really like Chrome, its quick looks good and renders all sites quickly.

Firefox doesn't render Google searches properly. Actually it has issues with more sites than I'd like it to. I later discovered its because the user agent is set to mobile rather than Android. I tried using user agents add on to fix it and it does a decent job but there's square and weird things that happen.

My fiancée and I were looking at the best princesses of all time, weird I know, but it let me discover and issue with Firefox other than aesthetics. Anyway E! Online had a list of best princesses that I couldn't scroll very well with Firefox. Opened it in chrome and it scrolled great.

So I hunted for others, but they seem too skinned in a sense. Some were slower, others wouldn't open apps like YouTube, but instead would play in browser.

Long story short, I lose I can't find a good solution.
    01-08-2016 07:09 AM
    Have you tried Dolphin Browser? That has an AdBlock feature that can be used. It does note that rendering issues may occur. However, it may be worth a shot to see if it's an acceptable solution for you.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-08-2016 12:39 PM
    So I've been really jealous of iOS' web browser and now that it has "native" adblock support it has me wanting a solution for Android?

I really like Chrome, its quick looks good and renders all sites quickly.

Firefox doesn't render Google searches properly. Actually it has issues with more sites than I'd like it to. I later discovered its because the user agent is set to mobile rather than Android. I tried using user agents add on to fix it and it does a decent job but there's square and weird things that happen.

My fiancée and I were looking at the best princesses of all time, weird I know, but it let me discover and issue with Firefox other than aesthetics. Anyway E! Online had a list of best princesses that I couldn't scroll very well with Firefox. Opened it in chrome and it scrolled great.

So I hunted for others, but they seem too skinned in a sense. Some were slower, others wouldn't open apps like YouTube, but instead would play in browser.

Long story short, I lose I can't find a good solution.
    Dolphin is good, with ad-block add-on
    01-11-2016 02:29 AM
    Firefox has the capability of using extensions on its Android version. I use uBlock Origin on Firefox for Android, and it works great.
    01-11-2016 02:31 AM
    Firefox has the capability of using extensions on its Android version. I use uBlock Origin on Firefox for Android, and it works great.
    Unfortunately Firefox doesn't render things properly. Otherwise that'd be a good choice.
    01-11-2016 03:30 PM