Is there a email app on android which pushes iCloud emails? I only see cloudmagic - but it requires you to give them permission to store all your emails on their server which I don't want. Any other app which enables imap idle push?
    My current Blackberry device does this flawlessly. Sure some android app could do the same??
    01-12-2016 11:24 AM
    IMAP and POP are supported by mostly all e-mail apps, even GMail. You do need the right server settings but that shouldn't be a problem. As for IMAP Idle I'm not sure if they all support it, but I think I remember K-9 Mail specifically noting that.
    01-12-2016 12:09 PM
    IMAP and POP are supported by mostly all e-mail apps, even GMail. You do need the right server settings but that shouldn't be a problem. As for IMAP Idle I'm not sure if they all support it, but I think I remember K-9 Mail specifically noting that.
    I do get my icloud mails via imap on gmail etc - but not pushed to my device. I can only do a pull at every set interval..How can i get it to push?
    01-12-2016 01:55 PM
    In theory IMAP Idle should be a server side thing... I haven't really used it, but apparently if you set your polling frequency to NEVER it should 'automatically' default to IMAP Idle.

Try that and see if you get your iCloud account notifications.
    01-12-2016 05:09 PM
    In theory IMAP Idle should be a server side thing... I haven't really used it, but apparently if you set your polling frequency to NEVER it should 'automatically' default to IMAP Idle.

Try that and see if you get your iCloud account notifications.
    That didn't work - i dont get any mails pushed until i do a refresh manually in the gmail app. It sounds crazy that after all these years android couldn't get the emails to work right for all accounts.
    01-13-2016 05:31 PM
    Wouldn't blame Android per-se... Some types of accounts lock features to certain devices, and that's really up to the e-mail service's settings and server configuration. I wouldn't put it past iCloud accounts to have disabled Push settings on IMAP for non-iOS/BlackBerry devices.

All of the accounts I use (and full disclaimer, none are iCloud, so I can't comment on those) work just fine within the stock e-mail app and G-Mail, and the ones that support push notifications (GMail and my work Exchange account) do so without issues.
    01-13-2016 05:38 PM
    Yes -, Gmail works fine for all my other email accounts except for iCloud. I once again tried BlueMail and this has the push for iCloud.

So this seems to be app specific. I hope Gmail incorporates this soon
    SpookDroid likes this.
    01-13-2016 08:31 PM