I don't have an unlimited data plan, and have a contract with VZW. In fact, I like VZW, and wouldn't want to switch to anybody else. The problem I have is that my family uses a lot of data streaming music and video. Netflix video mostly, and not youtube.

This makes it advantageous to get a T-Mo hotspot with 6gb of data for streaming, since BingeOn and Music Freedom would cut down on the data I use through VZW. It would be enough to cut 80 off my monthly VZW bill, and only cost 35 a month for the tmo data only hotspot.

With that said, does anybody know of an app that will control what traffic or connection is used for data.

Example: I'm connected to the tmo wifi, but only want certain apps utilizing that data, while all other traffic would go through the mobile 4g network. BUT, when connected to my home wifi, I want everything to be normal, and all traffic running through that SSID.

Anybody have an idea?
    01-15-2016 07:39 AM
    Some apps have that ability (only on wifi), while others don't. There's no app that will modify other apps' functioning. About the best you can do is a firewall that will allow an app access via wifi, via mobile date, neither or both. The app will still run but if you're on mobile data and the firewall is set to only allow that app to use wifi, the app will complain that it has no network connection.

But if you're counting on BingeOn for videos, read T-Mobile's BingeOn is throttling, not just 'optimizing,' EFF says | Android Central
    01-15-2016 12:06 PM