I have a Groove Music Pass. I downloaded the Groove Music App for my Android device (ZTE ZMAX2), but have been unable to make music available offline.

I worked Microsoft yesterday to fix this issue: Uninstalled the app, restarted the phone, and re-installed the Groove Music App, however I still cannot select a song or album in my collection and Make [it] Available Offline.

My phone displays that it is trying to download something, but it never succeeds.
    They said to contact Android in-app support.

Can you please help?
    01-17-2016 02:27 PM
    Hello Stephanie, welcome to the forums! Is this an app that you downloaded from the Play Store or somewhere else?
    01-17-2016 04:40 PM
    I downloaded from the Play store.
    01-17-2016 04:46 PM
    Ok, found it! It's the Microsoft Groove, right? If you check the reviews most of them are very negative. It seems that this app, or at least the latest version, is giving some problems to several users.
    01-17-2016 04:57 PM
    Yes, I'm aware of that. I'm trying to get this issue resolved. Who is responsible for fixing this app?
    01-17-2016 05:01 PM
    Microsoft. From the reviews it looks like a bad app with too many issues.
    Attached Thumbnails Groove Music App: Cannot make songs/albums in Collection available offline, how can I do this?-1453072009536.jpg  
    01-17-2016 05:06 PM
    Thank you, I'll continue to pester MS.
    If anyone else is interested in contact MS, here is the email address where I just contacted them
    support-android at microsoft dot com
    01-17-2016 05:14 PM
    I just came back to Android from a few years on Windows Phone. I also have Groove Music pass and have the exact same issue on my Galaxy S7. The app is rated 3.5 stars, so it isn't rated a terrible app.

My music shows up just fine in Google Play Music. It shows up as streaming only in Groove. The Groove app has very few built in options, but also Android organizes files in a very bizarre and counter intuitive way that is hard to navigate. Even when I download one song from my Groove collection, I can't find it on the phone or SD card, and it renames files with long strings of numbers. Windows Phone organized files just like a Windows computer so it was easy to navigate.

All of that said, is there a folder or place on the SD card that we should try moving files so that Groove would read them?
    03-21-2016 11:12 PM
    I was looking for it as well, wondering how Microsoft Groove Music app manage music files.
    I have downloaded few music files using Groove feature then I went searching for the music I just have downloaded.
    Under the main storage/Music there is nothing. SO I asked Google and it hinted that the Groove stores music in Internal storage/Android/data/com.microsoft.xboxmusic/files/XMDC. There the files are broken to many pieces under 2 characters folders and then the file names are <GUID>-temp.
    Very awkward and non-standard approach. Further more, if you copy some music manually to the main Music folder, Groove will not detect it.
    I am really surprise that Microsoft works this way. Their products usually stay with conventional methods, but Groove is very different and is not as open-source friendly as we may want it to be.
    My conclusion is that Groove Music meant for playing music from OneDrive (and Groove Pass) and not a great option for offline music player (as much as I wanted it to be). It plays only OneDrive or purchased music (offline or streaming it is the same).
    02-14-2017 08:52 AM