Android App. Markets

Heierzakra

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
Hello,
Where are people getting their apps from? Besides the market on the phone, and places like androidmarket.com, or android anarchy.

Thanks

R

Roy Aguilera

Cory, had no idea Mobihand sold android apps. Good to know. I have some coupons. ;)

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
There's another recent thread where I asked that exact question...and I checked the rest and found nothing. Most are pretty sparse, actually....if I see it, I'll bump it up.

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Wait, you can get apps for the Droid outside of the Market that's on the phone?

How would you get them onto your phone? Or are there other apps to purchase these?

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
AndroLib basically has everything that's in the Market, but it's on the PC. They have the 3D bar code you can scan with your phone and jump straight to it in the mobile market.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Wait, you can get apps for the Droid outside of the Market that's on the phone?

How would you get them onto your phone? Or are there other apps to purchase these?

Yes, you can download an applications .apk installer (zip file archive) from any legitimate source. You would then transfer the file to your SD card and launch the .apk from there. The Market is the primary vehicle for selling and delivery of applications but not the only one.

DeeMat

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
Cory, had no idea Mobihand sold android apps. Good to know. I have some coupons. ;)

I recently learned that Mobihand sells Android apps. They were my #1 source of BB apps... How did you score coupons? No matter how many apps I ever bought from them, I never got a coupon?

nighthawk700

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
I'm only 2 days in with my new Droid, so sorry if this is a goofy question. If you get an app from another source, such as mobihand or other (legit site that is), does it tell you when updates are available, like the market does? What are advantages of other places? (coupons being one, just wondering the others).

Thanks

R

Roy Aguilera

I recently learned that Mobihand sells Android apps. They were my #1 source of BB apps... How did you score coupons? No matter how many apps I ever bought from them, I never got a coupon?

I got coupons everytime I purchased an app.:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes