What does the new Google Play Music podcasts look like?

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Well, near as I can tell, this is just a somewhat verified rumor... I don't think anyone has seen any leaked screenshots quite yet. I suspect it won't look all that dissimilar to what GPM looks like for a regular track. Maybe they add in some text description widows, etc and some additional settings (auto-download, keep old podcasts, etc).

Epwhamilton

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm curios if you need to subscribe to Music to get podcasts, or if it will be an option in the regular hamburger menu. Does anyone know? I don't have any desire for subscribing really so if that's required, I'll be sticking with PocketCasts

Posted via the Android Central App

aslowe

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I am subscribed to Music. I have not seen this yet. The last rumor was the end of February. Hopefully since it's March that means anytime. We will see though.

Btru0465

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I was just about to check into this since i am converting from ios to android. And I tried to sync my podcasts with Google Music with varied results. I thought it was being added to the actual music app I didn't see that it was becoming a separate entity.

FiveOverEight

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
From what I've seen it'll be a new section within Google Music.

Been waiting for this to come but will miss Pocket Casts when it does arrive, that's if it's any good of course.

bbarend

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone seen this yet? I was checking for it almost daily, but now feel like it is going to be a while. Was wanting to get pod casts on Android Auto.

johnjohntc

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
Well, the go-live was announced as being yesterday, 2016-04-18. However, there only seems to be a web interface. No Android App update to play the podcasts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes