Help: lost my Google calendars

nguyenhg

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
My HTC Aria's memory ran low yesterday, so I went into "Applications/Manage applications" and deleted a bunch of stuff, including "Clear data" for several applications, including the Calendar. Now my Google calendars have disappeared. I tried getting them back by "Refreshing" inside the Calendar, as well as doing "Sync all" inside "Accounts & sync", as well as "Sync now" inside "Accounts & sync/Google", but nothing helped. My Google account still shows the correct email address inside "Accounts & sync".

What else can I try to get my Google calendars back?

Thanks.

nguyenhg

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
Update: It's solved, accidentally. It turned out that when the memory is low, it won't update the calendars! I had around 10MB left. I kept deleting more apps until I have about 20MB (and the low memory warning went away), then turned the phone off and on again and the calendars came back!

OnePalmAddict

Addicted 2 Mobile Gadgets
Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Update: It's solved, accidentally. It turned out that when the memory is low, it won't update the calendars! I had around 10MB left. I kept deleting more apps until I have about 20MB (and the low memory warning went away), then turned the phone off and on again and the calendars came back!

I have found the same to be true on my Evo: when I get the 'Low on space' notification, none of my Google accounts will sync. I have never lost data that was already on my calendar (however, new items added online did not show up and vice versa), but just yesterday I discovered that one specific Google calendar was not syncing at all, even though all the others were syncing. I'm still testing, but it seems likely tied to the fact that my low memory warning is popping up sporadically (probably due to items loading into memory at certain times) and thus preventing all of my Google data from syncing.

Note: The reason you totally lost everything is likely due to the fact that you 'Clear(ed) data' from your calendar (that removes all info you've input) AND your Google account wasn't syncing at the time (thus, it was not re-populating the data you cleared until you got it to re-sync again).

ME

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995