Backup apps like iCloud?

agp423

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, I am an owner of an iPhone 6S and two Galaxy S6 (on Verizon). The most frustrating part of any Android is when I get a new phone (which happens any time a new phone tickles my fancy) and have to back up all my texts (which doesn't matter much), picture, and most importantly, contacts. Some contacts are stored on the phone's SIM card, some are stored in Google/Gmail, and some are just floating round from Skype or other applications.

Is there a very simple/basic backup app like the iCloud that will back everything up (and not five copies of each contact) and allow me to port those to a new phone?

ApexDestroyer

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
I'm looking for the same thing. I switched about a year ago from iPhone and I can't find anything similar either.
With the iPhone, i liked that I had a "cloud" copy of my phone at all times and could restore any iPhone to exactly where I left off.

This weekend, my wife's Galaxy S6 had an issue with the motherboard and would not charge or turn on. It was covered under warranty but I had to manually reinstall all her apps and re-configure all her settings. Smart switch sounds like it might work but that is only if your current is not lost/stolen/broken when you get a new one.

If anyone finds a solution please post. I will be trading in at the beginning of next year and would like to have peace of mind.
Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair