Droid, use built-in Facebook or Facebook off Marketplace?

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
ok so both are pretty much the same? no functionality difference?

I noticed that the Facebook widget doesnt update sometimes..not sure why..

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I've been wondering the same thing but never bothered to make a thread so thanks! Hopefully we'll get some more responses.

I've been using the pre-installed Facebook ever since I got my Droid on release day. If there's no difference or updates to the Market version then I won't change anything. I haven't had any problems with my pre-installed FB version so I have no complaints.

rip14

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
They both equally suck.

You can try Bloo (free on the market). Its not that great, but I find it better than the stock FB app.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
They both equally suck.

You can try Bloo (free on the market). Its not that great, but I find it better than the stock FB app.

I've said this in other threads about Facebook but Bloo is horrid, sorry. Stick with the stock app IMHO.

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Wow so people are having problems with the pre-installed verision? I haven't had any problems at all and I got mine release day. That's odd.

Se7enth Sinn

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Wow so people are having problems with the pre-installed verision? I haven't had any problems at all and I got mine release day. That's odd.

Dude, do you get notifications? When people write on your wall or reply to things you reply to on other people's walls? Because if you don't get those notifications then the app is broke.

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Dude, do you get notifications? When people write on your wall or reply to things you reply to on other people's walls? Because if you don't get those notifications then the app is broke.

No I don't. This isn't part of the app though right? Show me where in the app I'm supposed to get these notifications. That's why I've never worried about it because I thought that wasn't built in.

The only notifications I do get are for friends requests.

herki

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Make sure you go into settings on the Facebook app, and have all notification settings checked. I used to only have event invites checked, and thought my app was broken. But then I realized that it was operator error. Now Facebook correctly notifies me for pokes, messages, and friend requests as well.

App drawer>Facebook>Settings

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800