Wells Fargo is now on Samsung Pay

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
For those of you who were waiting. :)
It's official now. (Don't have a link because it showed up as an announcement in Samsung Pay app, but trust me, it's there).

kiliman3970

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
I just used my Wells Fargo debit card at the supermarket that still has the old terminals. The cashier said, "Oh, you can't use your phone, you'll have to swipe your card." I told her this was Samsung Pay and it should work. I put the phone against the terminal and I heard the ding. Once it accepted the card, it asked for the PIN or press Enter. I pressed Enter, which I believe just meant use it as a credit card. So not as seamless as NFC, but still awesome.

It took less than 30 seconds. It was really cool. The convenience of tap to pay, now available pretty much everywhere.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
That's because you used Debit, and should be the same if you used NFC payments. That's a security feature of each card, not the system itself. I pay with my Citi and Amex credit cards with just one tap (some stores DO require the cashier to input Credit Card first, but they'd have to do that, again, for any kind of payment, even the physical card). Swipe up, fingerprint, tap, enjoy the bewildered faces, leave.

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
So glad Wells Fargo got on board. This will make my financial management so much easier, as I use Samsung Pay all the time, and Wells Fargo is my bank.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I know there was an article on AC about Android Pay not replacing Russell's wallet... he clearly hasn't tried Samsung Pay. If it had loyalty cards, damn! This WOULD replace my wallet! I hardly take it out anymore other than to take out the membership cards that need to be swiped (I'm looking at you, Costco).