i've been considering buying Beautiful Widgets for a while now. the only thing that's stopping me is that none of the videos and pictures i have seen show a wind speed forecast. this is the only reason why i'm using the Weather Channel widget. it seems like it's the only widget that shows wind speed even though it's ugly and it needs to be 2x2 to show that information. i'm wondering if Beautiful Widgets has an option to show that.

i fly RC airplanes at the flying field which is why this information is important for me.
    03-03-2011 11:31 AM
    No. I just tie my beautiful widgets to weatherbug though, but that means I have to click on the widget to open the app in order to view the windspeed, and I'm gathering you want the wind speed on the screen.
    03-03-2011 12:20 PM
    thanks for the reply. i ended up buying Beautiful Widgets. i couldn't stand the Weather Channel widget anymore. Beautiful Widgets does have a wind forecast but it is inside the animation application and not on the widget itself. i just bookmarked and saved to the home screen the hourly forecast from the Weather Channel mobile site that also shows hourly winds.
    03-03-2011 03:56 PM
    Even though you already bought it, Go Weather is pretty fierce and shows wind speed.
    03-04-2011 01:27 AM
    thanks for the suggestion. i did noticed Go Weather had wind speed, but the reason i didn't buy it is because i wasn't sure if i can get access to hourly wind forecasts as well.

i got the Beautiful Widgets set up so that when i click on the 5 day forecast within the animation screen, it opens up the Weather Channel application which has hourly wind forecasts. although BW doesn't show winds on the widget itself, it's a nice compromise considering how customizable this app is. =)
    03-04-2011 01:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD