Hello every one! I have just turn to the android ecosystem from the now diminishing WPM........ RIP!! Samsung Galaxy Note 5(wicked phone)
    Any how, Ive read about downloading apps apk's but my concern is this, apps could have been tampered with and they could be dangerous!
    Now..... how do I know if they are clean to install? and where would be the best place to get them from ? other than the playstore obviously.
    I like to try the Corana on android, i'm in Canada so it does not download cuss its restricted from the playstore. Thank you every one
    03-05-2016 01:20 PM
    The BEST place to get apps is from the Play Store, the second best would be the Amazon App Store for Android. Discussion of some (or all) other app stores is restricted here as they can be a source for pirating paid apps. Android has built-in scanning to make sure apps haven't been compromised, I just can't seem to find the setting to guide you how to make sure it's enabled.
    03-05-2016 02:57 PM
    The BEST place to get apps is from the Play Store, the second best would be the Amazon App Store for Android. Discussion of some (or all) other app stores is restricted here as they can be a source for pirating paid apps. Android has built-in scanning to make sure apps haven't been compromised, I just can't seem to find the setting to guide you how to make sure it's enabled.
    Setting for scanning apps is in Google settings, if your on marshmallow go to device settings - Google - security and select scan apps, if bellow Marshmallow you'll find Google settings in app drawer
    03-06-2016 07:14 AM
    You may wanna try the Lookout app. It sometimes comes bundled into phones if you get them from a carrier, but it's probably in the Play Store.
    03-07-2016 08:07 AM