Applications I am growing impatient for:

tmbob

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
Aps I Miss

Audible Air: Ability to download and play audible books from my audible account.

Worldmate Live: Travel software.

smccloud

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Blizzard battle.net authenticator. Sure, its only for WoW right now, but the iPhone has it for free and lots of other phones have it for $.99

I would really like to get rid of carrying around a key fob for it when I goto my parents.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Have you tried SplashID? I used to use eWallet and SplashID is very similar.

Yes, I did settle on SplashID. It was exhausting since I had to spend hours transferring all of my old eWallet data into SplashID (the import tool didn't work to my satisfaction), but now that I'm done getting all my data in there, I do really like SplashID. The sync functionality is over the top amazing. I can't see myself going back to eWallet at this point, although I do like their desktop client better. So, thanks for pointing that out.

zer0future

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Beejive, I would be quite content if I had beejive on my droid. Also 2nding whoever said a decent facebook app, I would think that the android os is capable of running an app similar to the iphone facebook app.

lcargile

Feb 2, 2010
Visit site
Poynt!

Am I the only person that is ready to see Poynt on the droid platform? I am coming off of a blackberry storm and about the ONLY thing that I miss from that phone is the app, poynt. Sure where is alright but poynt was always amazing and had all the CORRECT information. Hope I dont have to wait long.

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Encryption encryption encryption. Tho' I haven't checked in a couple weeks. I'm puzzled that few seem to care about this.

jhamilton3#CB

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
My top two apps I want on Android are...

1) Any of the iPhone twitter apps (almost all of them are better than any Android twitter app)

2) Tap Tap Revenge 3

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I believe we're finally near a proper encryption program. DroidVault is being developed, allowing you to encrypt anything on the card that you want: pix, files, folders. You can have automatic folders so that anything added is auto-encrypted. Haven't downloaded or installed it (yet). Word is the developer is responsive to input...so it's here. Now, the Droid is a biz machine.

bobstudent3

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Let's try to keep this thread specific to applications that currently exist but are not supported on Android or do not have Android versions; not a wish list of features. There are other threads for that.

I tried to find a "wish list for apps" or "new app ideas" (for apps that don't currently exist; not for adding features to apps that already exist) thread but I couldn't. Is there one already?

In this thread, I'd like:
Slingbox
The Simpsons game (that's on the iPad)

My fiancee would like:
Cooking Dash
Plants vs. Zombies

NVR2ND

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Am I the only person that is ready to see Poynt on the droid platform? I am coming off of a blackberry storm and about the ONLY thing that I miss from that phone is the app, poynt. Sure where is alright but poynt was always amazing and had all the CORRECT information. Hope I dont have to wait long.

I miss poynt. I did find something in the newest verizon sales guide that is close.

Aloqa You can pick and choose what you are looking for, and it is all local. I dont know how up to date it is , but looks promising.

arw01

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Plants vs zombies is a blast on the pc

I miss pocket quicken from the old palm. I always have a coat pocket and wallet of receipts and it would be nice to process them while waiting for kids or wife to come and go from stores!

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
Honestly, how different is the facebook app from the iphone version, besides the push which they only recently just acquired.

i take it you've never used the iphone/ipod touch version of the app.

they have huge differences in features, our app is total crap. i mean, from a feature standpoint, the blackberry and windows mobile app are better than ours.

WINDOWS MOBILE. :eek:

i don't even use the facebook app anymore, just a bookmark to the touch.facebook site gets me more usability and takes no space on my phone.

rhippler

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I miss pocket quicken from the old palm. I always have a coat pocket and wallet of receipts and it would be nice to process them while waiting for kids or wife to come and go from stores!

Have you tried Mint? it is owned by intuit now and is probably the future of quicken.

Last edited:

gtshouse

May 14, 2010
Visit site
MyCast Weather. I can't find a good weather app for the Droid that has moving maps.
Something on the order of BB Alerts to notify me of emails, missed calls, sms, calendar events, etc.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084