Applications I am growing impatient for:

Harvey Wallbanger

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
1. FLAN (Don't even think it will be that big of an improvement, but any step in the right direction can't come soon enough!)

2. SLINGBOX (Come on, if my Palm Treo 700p had a Slingbox app two years ago, and Iphone also already has it, why isn't an Android App here already?)

3. KINOMA (Again with the Palm Treo comparisons, but lets face it, Android OS is way behind the times when it comes to streaming media.)

4. FLASH (Android is also way behind the curve with graphics and games. Maybe Flash will help a little?)

Ok, I could go on and on with this list, but I don't want to hog all the fun. What are YOU growing impatient for?

Reactions: anon(172897)

dcarlton35

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
1. FLAN (Don't even think it will be that big of an improvement, but any step in the right direction can't come soon enough!)

2. SLINGBOX (Come on, if my Palm Treo 700p had a Slingbox app two years ago, and Iphone also already has it, why isn't an Android App here already?)

3. KINOMA (Again with the Palm Treo comparisons, but lets face it, Android OS is way behind the times when it comes to streaming media.)

4. FLASH (Android is also way behind the curve with graphics and games. Maybe Flash will help a little?)

Ok, I could go on and on with this list, but I don't want to hog all the fun. What are YOU growing impatient for?

I think I can top that. Keep in mind, I think I can so it isn't certain. I am growing impatient for my contract to be up so I can get the Droid!! LOL :D

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I saw the title and guessed 3/4 of them...hahaha. you and me (and everyone on this forum) both.

I'd add offloading apps to the SD card to this list.

Flyguide83

Nov 16, 2009
www.northwestfrontier.com
Yes, flash tops this list for me.. also id like to have more than 3 screens available and still be glitch free.. 3rd party apps slow me way down and 2.1 launcher is cool but is also super buggy on the droid..

n0m0n

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
No Slingbox app...
There are others but is the industry not taking the Android OS seriously enough?
They seem to have the wait and see attitude.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Let's try to keep this thread specific to applications that currently exist but are not supported on Android or do not have Android versions; not a wish list of features. There are other threads for that.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
eWallet

There are currently NO viable alternatives to the above.

LastPass is a VERY viable alternative to eWallet, IMHO. It even has an integrated browser so it can automatically log you into sites with stored credentials.

My list starts with MLB@Bat. I hope that they are working on something Android for this season.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
LastPass is a VERY viable alternative to eWallet, IMHO. It even has an integrated browser so it can automatically log you into sites with stored credentials.

From what I can tell, they are both password managers, but the similarity ends there. What I really want is for the developer of eWallet - Illumsoft to stop denying the relevance of Android and make write an app already :)

pmdied

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Agendus and YourCall. I'm trying out CRMDroid which is somewhat similar but I've had Agendus for 7 years! C'mon Iambic!

anon(3653)

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
They are coming out with a MLB@Bat app for Android for this season. It will have the audio, but I do not think it will have the streaming video (even though I am hopeful).

My most wanted apps are:

Slingplayer
ESPN Radio
World Cup 2010
Grocery Gadget
Blockbuster
and a decent version of Facebook

bbrosen

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
No Slingbox app...
There are others but is the industry not taking the Android OS seriously enough?
They seem to have the wait and see attitude.

No they really are not taking it seriously. Right now my carrier isn't even sure if they will continue to update android handsets beyond what ever OS level they ship with, carriers just do not want to be software developers and testers with so many hardware differences, handset makers and carriers all in the act of deciding to support and update OS levels, it is quite a gamble for a serious dev to commit time money and resources to such a fragmented OS.

Not to mention, the small size that devs have to work with in the OS, really hinders a lot of nice apps, especially games.

Postal Dude

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
This one is really the only app that i am waiting for and i seriously dont understand why we dont have it already... Not for everyone.. BUT...

The Engadget app. Im a big Tech News fan... Engadget had a simultaneous release of the app for the iPhone and the Pre. And BB has it too... Surely Android can support something like this??

pwrmetal

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I'd still like ESPN Scorecenter. I've found an alternative scoreboard app, but I prefer Scorecenter on my iPod Touch to anything I've found for Android so far.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I like the MLB idea. However, I'd be highly pissed if they do what they did last year, create a webapp that costs $15 and the iPhone app $10, especially when the iPhone app was better. I had it on my touch, and could watch the games (I also payed for on-line streaming).

sethjk

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I'd love an ESPN app- I'm sure it'd beat sportstap.
Also, there's a scrabble like game for Iphone which is sick. I'd love to see that get ported
Wolfenstein 3D as well!