Android needs to manage apps better. I am tired of having google navigation on and playing music, and having it skip all the time.

Google says you don't need a task killer, but I have to either restart my phone or go into the "manage apps" and "force stop apps" that are running.

It is so annoying having your music skip in the car. I know it is a small issue, but it happens when I am at the gym too. I don't know why there are so many running services either? I turn on my phone and there is paypal, bbc, finance widget, etc. running, and I go to the manage apps, and there is a whole list of apps running, amazon mp3, npr, etc.

Can't google just give higher priority to the music player or something? The issue mostly occurs when I use google nav, and I know that google nav requires a lot of resources because it uses 3G data. But with a 1 GHz processor, you would think the EVO would be able to handle nav and music.
    03-05-2011 02:22 AM
    Android does allow you to do all of this yourself without the use of a task killer through the settings/apps menu however with a task killed its a lot more convenient. It also has built in auto-task-killing. Which is why you don't need another one. I keep ATK around but I almost never use it. With Android it just is not needed and it does more harm than good.
    03-05-2011 10:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD