Hello,
    I downloaded a app that I used on my BB Storm.
    Its called DriveSafe.ly which worked well but I cant seem to figure out how to get this to work on my MotoDroid.

Installed and on it does announce my SMS messages received but its not playing the emails that I receive.

I have multiple times tried to get support but they only reply saying download again 24 hours after I contact them.

I entered my POP3 info and tried it with the app setting the port 995 which did not work.
    I then changed it to 110 which is the norm for my ISP but still it doesn't work..

Also a few days back I downloaded this app and it announced the caller ID when a call is received.
    I now don't see that option in the settings anymore.
    Did they build it into the app as a default, or eliminator it?

Did anyone get this to work correctly?

Thanks
    02-05-2010 08:49 AM
    I had the Pro version on my Storm, so I thought the Android version would be similar. It did not read my emails. It read my SMS sometimes. After a few weeks of frustration, I uninstalled.
    02-05-2010 10:10 AM
    I had the Pro version on my Storm, so I thought the Android version would be similar. It did not read my emails. It read my SMS sometimes. After a few weeks of frustration, I uninstalled.
    On the android version it says emails, and I think it also did on the BB as well.
    Yeah it says play emails in the Storm version as well.

I am thinking of flipping back to my Storm kinda miss the thing
    02-05-2010 10:28 AM
    The Pro version on my Storm would read emails just fine, and you can tell it how many words to read (ie 25, 50, etc.). Since the Android app said it would read emails, I thought it would. However, it never did!
    02-05-2010 02:25 PM
    I have learned that the issue is with trying to setup POP3 accounts.
    The IMAP works but not the auto or manual setup for POP3.

Sent a email to their support and still awaiting an answer.
    02-10-2010 03:42 PM
    I used this app on my blackberry. Never worked with bluetooth. After screwing around with it for months, I just finally gave up. way too many bugs and issues. I revisited the app with Droid, hoping it would play better with the Android OS. Still, buggy and problems.

It's a good idea. But, without bluetooth love = fail.

The whole point of the app is to be totally and completely hands free. There are just WAY too many times when I need to mess with the phone (with my hands) to make this app useful. It should be called "drive irritated" - then we'd know what to expect and wouldn't be let down

"A" for effort. "F" for execution.
    02-10-2010 06:03 PM
    I read one comment in the Android Market about this DriveSafe.ly app that stated the application is free, however, there is a monthly charge for the SERVICE.

Is this true, are there costs involved with using this app?
    02-11-2010 05:45 PM
    as far as i know, the android version of the app is 100% free. In the bb world, they have a free and a pro version. it would be hard to charge unless they fix all the issues with their current release.
    02-11-2010 08:30 PM
    Well now 3.5 weeks and counting and still trying to get support past re-download the app form here or there.
    So in other terms they aren't addressing my issue which "I" have identified that the Android app doesn't setup the POP3 mail accounts correctly.

I have never worked so hard to try to get a company to support their product so much as I am with this company, "iSpeech", the makers of DriveSafe.ly.

Guess they don't want my $$$

I have tried to setup my POP3 account manually, automatic, any which way but after tapping on Done it seems to setup a IMAP server protocol instead of a POP with is needed.

Anyone notice or know a work around since they aren't saying if its a known issue and or they plan on a fix or support?

It says it does but when I go back in after setting up its changes to IMAP...

Thanks
    02-15-2010 07:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD