Google Calendar icon mysteriously changed?

Drumrocker365

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

All of a sudden, the Google Calendar icon mysteriously changed on my Galaxy S6 (See photo). As far as I'm aware, the icon didn't change in an app update and it still shows the other icon on the Play Store. I don't understand why it randomly changed. It looks very Samsung-ish, but it is not the stock Samsung calendar. I tried a reinstall, and I also checked my device for malware and viruses to make sure nothing weird was going on. I don't get it.. I want the real icon back! Any ideas?Screenshot_2016-03-29-21-18-08.jpg

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

All of a sudden, the Google Calendar icon mysteriously changed on my Galaxy S6 (See photo). As far as I'm aware, the icon didn't change in an app update and it still shows the other icon on the Play Store. I don't understand why it randomly changed. It looks very Samsung-ish, but it is not the stock Samsung calendar. I tried a reinstall, and I also checked my device for malware and viruses to make sure nothing weird was going on. I don't get it.. I want the real icon back! Any ideas?View attachment 222640

I presume you are running a launcher of some kind? that could be the cause of the icon changing. Can you manually change the icon image by long pressing on the calendar app?

Drumrocker365

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I am using the Google Now launcher, which doesn't support changing icons. I have Awesome Icons to change a few icons, but I've never touched the Calendar icon. I even opened Awesome Icons and confirmed that. In Awesome Icons it shows options for icon backs that I've installed that I COULD use, but the "original" icon is still this strange icon. I really don't understand..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma