Any apps to auto turn off 3G when on wifi?

pittsm

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I thought this happened automatically anyway?

When I'm on wifi, the wifi symbol appears in the status bar and the network symbol goes away. I just assumed it was off, is it? I''m on captivate btw.

MowDownJoe

Regular lawnmower man...
Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
It should do this automatically. If you refer to when you put your phone to sleep and 3g tries to turn on, head to settings > wireless & networks> Wifi settings> menu> Advanced > and turn Wifi sleep policy to "Never".

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
From what I've read, people get better battery life if they set "enable always on mobile" to off. This just shuts the 3G off when the phone is asleep. If you're still on wifi you get all your emails and syncs.

I just added a shortcut to manually switch my 3G off when on wife since I'm on wifi 90% of the day. I'm just lazy and don't want to have to switch 3G off/on every time I'm on/off wifi.

I know that when it's on wifi the 3G should auto shut off but I think it still periodically turns on for whatever reason.

jin5

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
so if android already auto shuts off 3g when wifi is used, how does it get SMS? does it auto use 1x / 2g instead??

thanks!

irish22022

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I've never heard of Android doing automated screen states like you folks are explaining.

Superpower is the best app for this. Check xda.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01