Google Maps on my new GS7 Edge doesn't seem to have a setting to send voice navigation prompts as a Bluetooth phone call when connected to a vehicle via BT.

I had this function on Google Maps on my recent iPhone 5 (IOS 9).

Of course I can play voice Nav prompts over BT, but only if BT Audio is selected as the audio source in my vehicle. This of course limits what audio/music source I can be listening to while using Google Maps to navigate (in my case, Sirius Radio quite a bit.)

iOS, but not Android? Really Google?

I'd love to see this updated, and quick.
    04-02-2016 09:29 PM
    Keep in mind that "we" are not Google, so you may want to make your enhancement request at a Google site.

Just out of curiosity, what would change with this request?
    04-03-2016 02:08 AM
    Keep in mind that "we" are not Google, so you may want to make your enhancement request at a Google site.

Just out of curiosity, what would change with this request?
    Heh... thanks. This isn't my first BBQ at a discussion forum though. (I realize that "we" are not Google).

The purpose of this thread was to start a discussion; invoking Google directly was in the vernacular.

I'm unfamiliar with how to request app feature development from Google directly; would you care to edify me?

What would change in the app is that rather than Google maps nav directions being played over BT via the audio device channel, the device would interrupt the audio system as though a phone call was in progress. On my vehicle at least, my phone connects in two profiles: BT Handsfree phone and BT audio streaming.

This means you could be listening to music from any music source, be it AM radio to SiriusXM satellite to CD, and still hear all of the navigation prompts.

As it is, if your audio source is other than BT streaming, the prompts are not audible over the car's sound system.

"Play prompts as a BT phone call" was an option in Google Maps on my most recent iPhone. I find it odd that this is available in the iOS version of GMaps, but not on the Android version of the same app.

As I'm new to Android devices, I'm unclear as to whether this function is somehow unavailable via this OS, or possibly this device specifically.
    04-08-2016 09:32 PM
    Good explanation, thanks!

This would seem to be the generic Google products page, but android is not there.
    https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!home
    04-09-2016 01:04 AM