I thought I had a great plan when I switched to the Android universe with my new Atrix. My intentions were to add a new line and port my old line to Google Voice. Unfortunately after adding the line and beginning the port process I found out that I am currently unable to port a number in my area (417 area code) and also that there are no phone numbers with that area code available atm.

Anyway, I have been exploring alternatives to Gvoice and am considering the pay- for service at phone.com.

Are there any other services that I should consider?

Is it possible to port the number from phone.com to g-voice if it does become available in the future?

Thanks for any input or other advice?

Bighat

btw I'm really liking the Atrix
    03-09-2011 09:45 PM
    Hi Bighatnocatl,

I work for Phone.com. I saw your post here, hope you don't mind me commenting. If you are interested I can see if your phone number is transferable. My email is Jeb@Phone.com, please include the phone number you want transfered so we can look it up. Or if you have any questions feel free to email to me as well.

Hope we can help,
    Jeb

I thought I had a great plan when I switched to the Android universe with my new Atrix. My intentions were to add a new line and port my old line to Google Voice. Unfortunately after adding the line and beginning the port process I found out that I am currently unable to port a number in my area (417 area code) and also that there are no phone numbers with that area code available atm.

Anyway, I have been exploring alternatives to Gvoice and am considering the pay- for service at phone.com.

Are there any other services that I should consider?

Is it possible to port the number from phone.com to g-voice if it does become available in the future?

Thanks for any input or other advice?

Bighat

btw I'm really liking the Atrix
    irish22022 likes this.
    03-14-2011 02:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD