Amazon App Rant

bhameyedoc

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
I cannot believe that Amazon apps still don't work on Marshmallow. My Amazon apps (Kindle, Video, etc) will not update on my Note 5. It doesn't matter if the apps were downloaded from Google Play or the Amazon Appstore. I have contacted Amazon twice asking if they were updating the apps to work with Marshmallow, and I always get that it should be happening soon. On a positive note, the chat rep gave me a $5 credit to use because of this.

Is everyone else out there is still having Marshmallow compatibility issues too?

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Nope, I have the Amazon Shopping app, Amazon Music, and Audible on my S7e and they all work fine for me.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
That's odd. I'm using the Amazon app and Amazon Video on my Marshmallow S7 Edge without problems. Not sure why it wouldn't work on the Note 5.

Only gripe I have is that it won't support Chromecast, but other than that, it's working.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, I should specify that the apps work fine. They won't update, and I can't install one again if I have uninstalled it.

My Amazon app updated just this morning, and I also tried uninstalling/re-installing the Amazon Video app. It worked. Not sure why you'd have that issue on the Note 5. Are you sure your 'Unknown Sources' option is active in the settings or any other kind of Antivirus app that might be blocking the install? Amazon apps do require sideloading, after all.

bhameyedoc

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
My Amazon app updated just this morning, and I also tried uninstalling/re-installing the Amazon Video app. It worked. Not sure why you'd have that issue on the Note 5. Are you sure your 'Unknown Sources' option is active in the settings or any other kind of Antivirus app that might be blocking the install? Amazon apps do require sideloading, after all.

No antivirus, and my unknown sources is checked, and I have cleared cache several times. This only started after the Marshmallow update, and the two Amazon reps I chatted with both said it was a known issue.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
No antivirus, and my unknown sources is checked, and I have cleared cache several times. This only started after the Marshmallow update, and the two Amazon reps I chatted with both said it was a known issue.

Must be an issue with the Note 5's Marshmallow update then. Weird. Again, on S7's on Marshmallow it is working and updating just fine.

Since it's sideloading anyway, I guess you could always try to download the APK and manually install it yourself (unless there's a really big bug in their code that won't even let external files install) while you wait for them to fix this.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I"m having some issues with the Amazon Underground/Appstore and the apps I got free.

INstant video keeps telling me to sign in so I have to log out and log backi in. There seems to be a conflict with another app as I get the same message on the Ulmon Pro city maps app.

I've done everything from force stopping/clearing cache/data. Force stopping. Rebooting etc.

Maybe I have too many Amazon apps (Shopping, Underground) etc. I don't know but it seems something isn't quite right with the Amazon Appstore -> Amazon Underground transition

LG G Stylo
MetroPCS
Marshmallow 6.0
Rooted

bhameyedoc

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Must be an issue with the Note 5's Marshmallow update then. Weird. Again, on S7's on Marshmallow it is working and updating just fine.

Since it's sideloading anyway, I guess you could always try to download the APK and manually install it yourself (unless there's a really big bug in their code that won't even let external files install) while you wait for them to fix this.

I just tried sideloading the Echo app apk, and it still won't install. I'll try this thread in the Note 5 section to see if it seems to be specific to this phone. Thanks.

bhameyedoc

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
SOLVED! A user in the Note 5 forums gave me the answer! I had disabled the Audible app that came preinstalled on my phone. When I enabled it, all of my Amazon apps updated and installed correctly!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info! We'll pass it along in case anyone else runs into a similar issue :)

(Looks like someone owes Amazon a few bucks :p haha)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool