An App to sync contact pictures

weezy2

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
I used to use Sync.Me to get contact pictures from Facebook but now that seems to have stopped working. I read somewhere that the new Facebook API doesn't allow apps to do that anymore, Is there another way to sync contact pictures? I have a Nexus 5X.

Bag of Leaves

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
Facebook did disable contact syncing, but there are a few apps made to get around the photo sync thing. I just started using Social Contact Photo Sync and it works well. Unfortunately, because of Facebook, you have to manually add each contact's Facebook ID (found in the URL of their profile page) and manually connect that to each listing in your Contacts. I had less than 100 to do and it took a while, so if you have a lot of Facebook contacts you want to sync, you'll be spending a long time setting up the app. Once it is all set up, the app checks daily (or however often you set it to check) automatically for the photos and automatically updates your Contacts with them. You do have to remember to add your new Facebook friends when you get them.

weezy2

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Hmm cool, i'll check that out. I still have contact pictures when Sync.Me worked, so I have maybe 10 people I need pictures for. I don't care about it updating pictures, just as long I have something there to replace the place holder image.

Bag of Leaves

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
I did, too, but then I got a new phone and since those pics weren't on my Google Contacts account, since they were on the Facebook account, they didn't sync over. I like them updating anyway, though, so using the app was worth it. But, if you don't care about updating, you could just save the ten people's pics from Facebook and set them as their contact pics in the Contacts app and call it a day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech