Why do my apps stop at Midnight; Droid Turbo

Bearlodge

May 1, 2016
Visit site
I have a Droid Turbo and every day at midnight, all of my apps stop. For example, I'll be playing music and the music will pause at midnight or I have an app that applies a red filter over the screen to ease viewing at night, and the filter will disappear at the same time the music stops. The filter comes back after about 30 seconds and I just have to hit play to resume my music, but I can't find a reason as to why this occurs.

heuristics

May 6, 2016
Visit site
I have a Droid Turbo and every day at midnight, all of my apps stop. For example, I'll be playing music and the music will pause at midnight or I have an app that applies a red filter over the screen to ease viewing at night, and the filter will disappear at the same time the music stops. The filter comes back after about 30 seconds and I just have to hit play to resume my music, but I can't find a reason as to why this occurs.

I would love to know why this happens too. I haven't seen anyone talking about it until this post.

I also have a Droid Turbo and notice my red shift app (Twilight) and other apps close at midnight.

troybtj

May 28, 2016
Visit site
I am also having this problem, and have been searching google for it randomly, this is the first time I got a hit.

Same setup here, Droid Turbo, no screen tools outside of lock, but it is the Audible.com app that dies every day at midnight. At 15 seconds after midnight, to be precise.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
I am also having this problem, and have been searching google for it randomly, this is the first time I got a hit.

Same setup here, Droid Turbo, no screen tools outside of lock, but it is the Audible.com app that dies every day at midnight. At 15 seconds after midnight, to be precise.

That's bizarre. If you poke around the internet and looks for a tutorial about pulling the log files, I'd *LOVE* to see the messages between 11:59 pm and 12:01 am.

troybtj

May 28, 2016
Visit site
Unfortunately, my phone isn't rooted, and Android version 5.1, so there doesn't seem to be a way to get to the log file from what I've found.

dbrii

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
I have encountered the same issue with midnight app crashes on my Droid Turbo. The apps with which I have experienced the crashes are Waze and ESPN (listening to podcasts through the app). As the clock passes midnight I am frequently driving and I have those two apps running, and basically without fail they, um, fail. Also happens if I am listening to other music or podcast apps.

I thought it might have to do with the Moto "Sleeping" option but my time is set for 1 AM.

Has anyone been able to figure this out?

bgladx64

Sep 9, 2017
Visit site
I have encountered the same issue with midnight app crashes on my Droid Turbo. The apps with which I have experienced the crashes are Waze and ESPN (listening to podcasts through the app). As the clock passes midnight I am frequently driving and I have those two apps running, and basically without fail they, um, fail. Also happens if I am listening to other music or podcast apps.

I thought it might have to do with the Moto "Sleeping" option but my time is set for 1 AM.

Has anyone been able to figure this out?

I'm having the exact same issue. For me anytime between 12am and like 12:20am, all my apps will crash and keep crashing for the next minute or so. Eventually it clears up and starts working again.

I have no idea what's causing it but it's quite frustrating. Anyone know where to start troubleshooting?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox