PDAnet

WAM

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
Just throwing a quick app i found out to the community (PDAnet) basically allows you to tether your phone to your computer and turn your phone into a modem, can also type and send text messages on your computer through your phone; however, you have to install some software on your computer too, but they claim it works with all android phones, soooo enjoy :D

Edit: no root required btw

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
No root required, works great, I get awesome data rates (better than the speed test apps say), and it tells you how much data you've used. You can Bluetooth PAN with 2.0, otherwise its USB only for 1.5 and 1.6. It doesn't have wifi tether, but this isn't a big issue, cause if you can lug around a laptop, you can lug around a usb cable!

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone using this have Verizon and has there been any extra "tether" charges on their bill?

I have VZ and have had no unusual charges related to tethering. From what I hear, as long as you're not doing anything signficant, like downloading movies or other such things, it's really no different than using your phone - just more convenient to have the larger monitor and the keyboard.

No worries with my PDANet and Verizon. At least not yet!

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I just say, don't get stupid. If this is your primary way to get broadband on your pc, I wouldn't. If for a vacation/trip and you want to use a laptop or netbook for a few days checking emails and websites while you travel...I doubt anyone would notice or care.

The trouble is that the hogs will cause trouble for all of us.

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I used it first week of Jan while away on vacation to pay a couple bills and surf the net a bit and didnt get any other charges

sarahjenkins0119

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
PDA net $29 fee

When using PDA net to tether, you can't go onto secure websites. Has anyone actually purchased the PDA net software for $29? It doesn't come with a warranty and I'm wondering if it's worth it. Any advice would be appreciated!

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
When using PDA net to tether, you can't go onto secure websites. Has anyone actually purchased the PDA net software for $29? It doesn't come with a warranty and I'm wondering if it's worth it. Any advice would be appreciated!

I did, and have had no problems. Using it right now, actually. Download some music from time to time with Limewire and stuff like that. Works just fine for me.

jsmcdon1

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
We replaced our ATT DSL with our Verizon (Droid Incredible) and PDANet. I don't run a web server or anything data intensive any more, so we have not had any additional charges or nasty-grams from Verizon. It's been working great for us. I also have the EVO 4G and use the unlimited data hotspot option to connect my XBox Live through. Works pretty decent so far. Good enough for me anyway.

Night Train

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Got it...love it.

Guess I'm late to the game using Pdanet.

Got it set up on my laptop and Evo and went out to my favorite spot and got quite a bit of work done this afternoon. Worked great and had no problems at all either with the install or the set up. Came back home and did the same with the wife's laptop and phone. Now she's eager to take it out in the field and do her work outdoors as well.

But...as always, I'm looking for the best thing out there. Is there another app that does the same thing but better or faster?

One more thing.

How does this work with bluetooth?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz