Hello, I just got a Samsung S7 Edge and came from a windows phone. One great thing I liked about the windows phone was the contact tile you can put on your home screen. So any missed call, text msg or email from that contact would show me a notification that I have something from that contact without having to check each individual app to see if they sent me something. For example, I am using the outlook app for my work email, i have my bosses emails in a subfolder from my inbox, so I do not get a notification if he emails out. I have to manually check outlook app every so often.

Is there such an app, widget or a way to do this in Android to let me know a specific contact has sent me something either email/txt/missed call, etc...

Thanks
    05-02-2016 07:50 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I don't think there's anything like that for Android at this time. The usual Contact widget is only meant to call or message that contact when tapped--it's not designed to open up any existing communications with that contact. That live tile feature is one of the advantages Windows Phone has over Android.
    05-04-2016 12:38 AM