AIM Android finally available!

weirdkid

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
So far seems good. It lets me know whether or not the the user is using the IM Forwarding or if they're actually on. As for the sounds, they work. But the volume is controlled through the Media Volume instead of the Ringer Volume. It does however, vibrates if the phone is on vibrate even though the Media Volume is still set to max.

iJason#WN

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
So far seems good. It lets me know whether or not the the user is using the IM Forwarding or if they're actually on. As for the sounds, they work. But the volume is controlled through the Media Volume instead of the Ringer Volume. It does however, vibrates if the phone is on vibrate even though the Media Volume is still set to max.

So how do I get the sound to work?

Jan 21, 2010
Visit site
To get Facebook Chat working if grayed out: go to aim.com -> click on the "Now in Beta" banner midway down -> select use aim on web -> sign in -> click on the "Facebook chat banner" -> sign in to Facebook -> restart Android Aim on your phone

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Glad to see this app in the Market. Now, a good Twitter client needs to come... iPhone like (Tweetie2)

seakarrots

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
thanks for the facebook chat help. i have one other problem. it wont let me go 'away.' i can go invisible, but when i click away, it automatically goes back to available.. any suggestions?

gus_mccrae

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
To get Facebook Chat working if grayed out: go to aim.com -> click on the "Now in Beta" banner midway down -> select use aim on web -> sign in -> click on the "Facebook chat banner" -> sign in to Facebook -> restart Android Aim on your phone

Thanks so much . . . there's no way I would've found that on my own.

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Finally!! Yes! I downloaded it immediately after I saw the article for it on the main page!

I've been using Meebo since birth of Droid, and will still keep it for Facebook chat. But I'm glad a truely hosted AIM app is finally out!

Ripjames

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Finally!! Yes! I downloaded it immediately after I saw the article for it on the main page!

I've been using Meebo since birth of Droid, and will still keep it for Facebook chat. But I'm glad a truely hosted AIM app is finally out!

why not just use AIM for facebook chat?

herki

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
This will work for Facebook chat for me until the official app gets Facebook support. Which won't be long probably, since Facebook just announced Jabber support.

Ripjames

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
it's in settings once you open AIM, says Facebook chat... big print.. it will be grayed out until you've enabled it from a computer though