AIM Android finally available!

iJason#WN

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
Got it thanks. Is anyone else having issues with notifications? I have sounds enabled and my ringer is on max but when I get an IM there is no sound.

entwined82

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
Sounds seem to be broken. Volume is turned all the way up and there isn't any sound when sending or receiving on. It is on in settings but not coming through.

Not a dealbreaker just yet but it definitely needs to be fixed. Then again this is a first release so I'm sure an update will come out soon enough. LED notification would be cool too.

Also it needs to have the double space = . implemented into it. Not a bad start but its a little rough.

Last edited:

several

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
This is to me hilarious.

While I realize there are still some non-AOL users who use AIM, I'm pretty sure that the overlap between AOL users and android users has got to be tiny.

Stupid people should not be allowed to use smart phones. :-D

tealturboser

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
You to me is hilarious. You make no sense at all. AIM is just messaging, you do not need to use AOL email to have a screen name.
But you are right stupid people shouldnt be allowed to use smart phones

entwined82

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
This is to me hilarious.

While I realize there are still some non-AOL users who use AIM, I'm pretty sure that the overlap between AOL users and android users has got to be tiny.

Its a mobile messenger service no different than gchat, msn, yahoo, etc.

What does AOL have to do with anything?

nocturnal9#AC

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
This is to me hilarious.

Ever hear of the term "legacy"?

Just because I prefer Google Talk doesn't necessarily mean that every single person I talk to has switched over from AIM.

On another note, anybody else having difficulty reordering their groups? Maybe I need to try doing it from within AIM, e.g. a piece of software that AOL actually created.

gus_mccrae

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
OK, stupid question . . . I can see fb info under lifestream, but how do you get fb chat going? The option is grayed-out for me.

Last edited: