Hello Everyone,
    I'm looking for a antivirus and phone locater similar to Lookout Mobile Security for my Galaxy Tab from U.S. Cellular. The one thing I'm worried about is I don't have a text plan included on my Tab as I have my BlackBerry for texting and making phone calls. I chose to have the 200MB plan as I'm always connected to WiFi and is only $15/mo.

I want to find a good antivirus and phone locater, but it seems most of these programs communicate to the phone/tablet using SMS... which of course will rack up my charges of $0.25/text message. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction for a application that does everything over the network and not through SMS. Thanks so much in advanced! Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks again,
    Seven.07
    03-14-2011 11:22 AM
    Most do rely on SMS since SMS is typically available any time voice coverage is available. Data coverage --especially WiFi, is nowhere near as available so it's not generally the best method. Devs may look at it a bit differently though as tablets gain popularity.
    03-14-2011 01:30 PM
    i have lookout, and i don't remember them ever sending me a text about it. If they did it was like 1 or 2, so no big deal. they're communication comes through email. Maybe this was a setting i setup. Don't remember now, but either way you'll be fine with lookout.
    03-14-2011 02:19 PM
    Thanks for the replies. I know in the market it said standard text msg rates apply. I'll try it out and see.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk
    03-14-2011 11:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD