New spay update

Deputy1

May 14, 2014
Visit site
All excited to see Grow FCU added to the list in the Tampa area. Went to add my debit card, and no can do. Went to a branch and called customer service. Said they are having trouble with it, and look for it in a few months!!! WTF!! I told them they need to have it removed from the app if it's not ready for prime time.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I've never understood the point of a debit card. I don't like entering pins and see no reason to have my account debited immediately. I only use credit cards. My credit cards are automatically paid by my checking account, in full, each month. I'm not into finance charges, either. :)

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I've never understood the point of a debit card. I don't like entering pins and see no reason to have my account debited immediately. I only use credit cards. My credit cards are automatically paid by my checking account, in full, each month. I'm not into finance charges, either. :)

Huh?????

Posted via the Android Central App

TJA3500

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
If someone did not have credit and cannot get a credit card they could have a debit card. Not all debit cards have a finance charge. A debit card is the same as paying cash which means you don't have the benefits of disputing a purchase or getting extra warranty on products.
I use my credit card for everything and then pay one bill each month.

jexx

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
If someone did not have credit and cannot get a credit card they could have a debit card. Not all debit cards have a finance charge. A debit card is the same as paying cash which means you don't have the benefits of disputing a purchase or getting extra warranty on products.
I use my credit card for everything and then pay one bill each month.

Me too, good explanation...

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I know debit cards are the same as cash. but with a credit card, one gets a number of days of "float". why should I have my account debited immediately (by using a debit card), when I can get interest free "float" for the time it takes for the credit transaction to go to my credit card account, and then get automatically paid by my checking account when the monthly payment is due? I'd rather keep my money in my checking account longer, rather than shorter. I get no benefit from using debit cards.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
The point of a debit card could be for those that can not get a credit card and do not want to write a check or carry cash.
I understand that. someone else already commented that some people have credit issues. I guess I should have been more specific, and said I don't see the point of ME ever using a debit card, seeing as I have credit cards. :) ie, for me, there is zero upside to using a debit card.

On a related note, I hear in the news that chip-enabled transactions will eventually become much faster than they are now. That sounds good to me, as I hate waiting for the machines to process a chip card transaction.

Gary_Berg

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Try opening spay from the pull-up at the bottom of the screen. That let me download the update. Wait until the download notification completes and then let it apply the update.

tengtengvn

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I use the Key Ring app to keep the numbers and barcodes.
The SP app doesn't save the cards. If I switch phone then I have to add them back all over again.