I've been searching for an answer to this for almost two months, and I'm finally at my wits end! How do you get outbound calls to use/display your Google Voice # instead of some random number? I'm trying to use Google Voice for my work cell #.
    03-15-2011 07:57 PM
    My number shows up as a constant (AFAIK). I use my GV # as my "permanent" number.

Do you have your settings in GV online (not the device) set correctly?
    03-16-2011 09:11 AM
    As far as I know, everything is set correct on my end.....but I just thought of something. When you place a call, it shows a google voice number at the top of your screen, and it is usually a random number. Is this the number that displays on the recieving phone's caller id? Or does it display your Google Voice number?
    03-16-2011 07:09 PM
    No. That's the access number that your phone is calling to place outbound calls via GV. Your caller ID info will show your GV number. Do you not have another phone with caller ID to test? Or a friend/coworker/family member/anyone willing to show you what shows up?
    03-17-2011 08:45 AM
    I just got my VOIP office phone today and called myself to see what showed up, and lo-and-behold, it was my google voice number.

....it's still confusing to see a random number being used to call though....
    03-17-2011 07:17 PM