11-14-2017 04:05 AM
114 1234 ...
tools
    I'll give GPM a try. I already have YouTube red. But I'll still give Google a try. I'm not unable to see things from different perspectives

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-24-2016 12:06 PM
    I'll give GPM a try. I already have YouTube red. But I'll still give Google a try. I'm not unable to see things from different perspectives

If you have YTR, GPM is included with that subscription so you've already got access to the full library in that case.
    Laura Knotek and EgretOwl like this.
    05-24-2016 12:08 PM
    My main argument wasn't about lossless audio. It was about the huge library tidal offers. None of you have been able to refute that point. So I still feel that tidal is worth more than Spotify

05-24-2016 12:09 PM
    Ok I'll try it today. Thanks

05-24-2016 12:09 PM
    My main argument wasn't about lossless audio. It was about the huge library tidal offers. None of you have been able to refute that point. So I still feel that tidal is worth more than Spotify

You could very well be right about that, if it does have a better library than Spotify now - that's awesome - But Spotify isn't the king, so when answering your question of whether or not Tidal is best, it's position relative to Spotify isn't that relevant because Spotify is second to GPM (giant in my opinion flag goes here). For those who think Spotify is King, if Tidal has a better library and takes the time to fix their app, then those people would be forced to crown Tidal. But I don't think there are very many who think Spotify is leaps and bounds above GPM and YouTubeRed.
    05-24-2016 12:11 PM
    You could very well be right about that, if it does have a better library than Spotify now - that's awesome - But Spotify isn't the king, so when answering your question of whether or not Tidal is best, it's position relative to Spotify isn't that relevant because Spotify is second to GPM (giant in my opinion flag goes here). For those who think Spotify is King, if Tidal has a better library and takes the time to fix their app, then those people would be forced to crown Tidal. But I don't think there are very many who think Spotify is leaps and bounds above GPM and YouTubeRed.
    That's fair. If GPM impresses me I'll cancel my tidal subscription today. I'll keep you posted

05-24-2016 12:16 PM

https://smartdns.com/blog/1355/apple...treaming-wars/

I’m not referring solely to the big name exclusives. It’s widely known, for example, that Prince has made his back-catalogue exclusive to Tidal, and that Taylor Swift’s latest album (at least at the time of writing) is only on Apple Music. The variations I’m referring to are far more subtle, but arguably even more important to choosing the right service for you.Here’s an example: I’m a fan of The Brand New Heavies, a long-established acid jazz outfit from the UK. When looking for full albums, a quick glance uncovered five on Tidal, 15 on Spotify, 12 on Apple Music, and 12 on Google Play. I can’t claim these are definitive figures, as some of the services lump EPs in with albums, and Tidal, in particular, seems to get in a muddle by separately listing “Brand New Heavies” and “THE Brand New Heavies.”

However, and this is the important part, some albums are completely missing from some of the services. Returning to The Brand New Heavies, their 2004 album “Allaboutthefunk” is completely absent from Tidal. Meanwhile, Emma Bunton’s most popular solo album, “Free Me,” is missing from Tidal, Google Play AND Apple Music, but present and correct on Spotify.

Therefore, it’s impossible to pick a “winner” based on music choice alone. If your music tastes are reasonably mainstream, the chances are that, artist exclusive deals aside, you’ll find most of what you’re looking for on all of the services. Music enthusiasts, on the other hand, might be surprised to find some surprising gaps, regardless of the service chosen.
    05-24-2016 12:26 PM
    Let me get this right. You're saying that I had the service for three months, spent $60 of my own money, yet didn't look for the music I like?

It's apparent that you have no idea how I do things, or the value I place on enough money to buy 3 bottles of wild turkey.

And I don't care if it fails or succeeds. I only wanted to have the hi-res music I like without carrying around 512GB worth of SD cards for my V10. Let investors worry if it fails (and they should be).
    05-24-2016 12:34 PM

But the library depended on each person. If GPM has all I love and more.. Why do I care if Tidal or some other service has an album that I'd never listen to anyway? I guess maybe if you want to say you could discover more on Tidal but to me the YouTube Red just adds up to more of a value for me and family (me + 6 people for $15 a month with YouTube Red is a steal).

Also the reason I love YouTube red is because I use YouTube a lot as well. A ton when on the PC so for me it's a big pull. For those who don't use YouTube though it could be a moot point.

Basically the main thing about my wall of text above is... There is no 100% above all best service. I love GPM and many friends (including Kevin in these posts) love Spotify. Are we wrong? No. We just each have our reasons for liking one service more than the other (for our specific needs).
    05-24-2016 12:37 PM
    I already can tell tidal has better streaming quality than GPM. Nothing outrageous, but I can tell. As stated earlier itt, no full Prince catalog. They don't even have Lemonade or Jay-Z first album (arguably best). The music video selection is poor compared to tidal and no exclusives. I really want to like GPM

05-24-2016 12:45 PM
    https://smartdns.com/blog/1355/apple...treaming-wars/

I’m not referring solely to the big name exclusives. It’s widely known, for example, that Prince has made his back-catalogue exclusive to Tidal, and that Taylor Swift’s latest album (at least at the time of writing) is only on Apple Music. The variations I’m referring to are far more subtle, but arguably even more important to choosing the right service for you.Here’s an example: I’m a fan of The Brand New Heavies, a long-established acid jazz outfit from the UK. When looking for full albums, a quick glance uncovered five on Tidal, 15 on Spotify, 12 on Apple Music, and 12 on Google Play. I can’t claim these are definitive figures, as some of the services lump EPs in with albums, and Tidal, in particular, seems to get in a muddle by separately listing “Brand New Heavies” and “THE Brand New Heavies.”

However, and this is the important part, some albums are completely missing from some of the services. Returning to The Brand New Heavies, their 2004 album “Allaboutthefunk” is completely absent from Tidal. Meanwhile, Emma Bunton’s most popular solo album, “Free Me,” is missing from Tidal, Google Play AND Apple Music, but present and correct on Spotify.

Therefore, it’s impossible to pick a “winner” based on music choice alone. If your music tastes are reasonably mainstream, the chances are that, artist exclusive deals aside, you’ll find most of what you’re looking for on all of the services. Music enthusiasts, on the other hand, might be surprised to find some surprising gaps, regardless of the service chosen.
    The album you're talking about is right there. Where are you guys getting your information from?

Attached Thumbnails Is tidal the best music streaming service?-screenshot_2016-05-24-13-53-46.jpg  
    05-24-2016 12:54 PM
    The album you're talking about is right there. Where are you guys getting your information from?

You complained about people using information from 2014 so I found something newer.

If Tidal has improved since then good for them.
    EgretOwl likes this.
    05-24-2016 12:59 PM

Also, I only see 5 albums there. Are there more?

If not, the information I posted is still relevant.
    EgretOwl likes this.
    05-24-2016 01:01 PM
    Also, I only see 5 albums there. Are there more?

If not, the information I posted is still relevant.
    13 albums

05-24-2016 01:06 PM
    Thanks for introducing me to this band though

05-24-2016 01:12 PM
    13 albums

19 on Spotify not including singles or compilations.
    05-24-2016 01:13 PM
    19 on Spotify not including singles or compilations.
    Sorry, they have 18 albums. These were under Brand new heavies, excluding "the"

Attached Thumbnails Is tidal the best music streaming service?-screenshot_2016-05-24-14-40-39.jpg  
    05-24-2016 01:42 PM
    Sorry, they have 18 albums. These were under Brand new heavies, excluding "the"

Do you see the problem with that?

It's possible Spotify has issues like that too, and that I have just not encountered them. But they don't have an issue with this band and Tidal does.
    Laura Knotek and EgretOwl like this.
    05-24-2016 01:45 PM
    I already can tell tidal has better streaming quality than GPM. Nothing outrageous, but I can tell. As stated earlier itt, no full Prince catalog. They don't even have Lemonade or Jay-Z first album (arguably best). The music video selection is poor compared to tidal and no exclusives. I really want to like GPM

Did you change the quality to high on GPM? That should help some. Also are you comparing their $20 a month for one user hi-fi to regular streaming? If so I would hope Tidal sounds better.

As for the selection that's what you should go on. If Tidal has what you want to listen to then use it. I'm not sure why that's an issue. I simply use what works for me.. Regardless of what works for others since I'm not them .
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-24-2016 01:58 PM
    'Nuff said ...
    Aquila and EgretOwl like this.
    05-24-2016 02:05 PM
    I would like to add my 2cents here....I'm a current Tidal subscriber and had subscribed to google music and spotify. I ditched google music due to its ugly app interface. Spotify for having that limit on downloaded songs. With that being said, I was pleasantly surprised by Tidal and its music category. Its not for everyone cause I feel its geared towards more to hip hop/r&b and urban music which I love.
    The android app can get some work since there is a few things I get annoyed by but not enough for me to ditch the service.

Bottom line, each music service has its place and not one service is for everyone.
    tsparks1 likes this.
    05-24-2016 02:33 PM

The music video selection is equivalent to whatever YouTube has, since you get YouTube Red along with GPM. If you feel Tidal has more music videos than all of YouTube (I honestly don't know, I haven't checked) and that's an important feature to you, then by all means go with Tidal. Personally I find the added value of no ads on YouTube no matter what video I'm watching - music or otherwise - far outweighs any library benefits or exclusives Tidal may have. So far however for my music tastes GPM has not failed me in the library department. If I like an album that's not streaming on GPM, I'll just buy it.

But hey, if Tidal floats your boat, by all means use it. No one music service fits all needs. I'm glad we have options.
    05-24-2016 03:49 PM
    'Nuff said ...
    That girl is talented. Hadn't seen her before, she's good.
    Not Quite Right likes this.
    05-24-2016 04:18 PM
    The reason tidal isn't a household name is because of lies on the Internet. Like you have to pay $19.99. That's just not true.

Most responses are ppl talking about the awful ui, but they haven't used the app in 2yrs. I honestly think ppl are just hating Jay-Z on this one

Sure looks like it's $20 to listen to music. Third screenshot is to show today's date.
    Attached Thumbnails Is tidal the best music streaming service?-1464124711923.jpg   Is tidal the best music streaming service?-1464124731795.jpg   Is tidal the best music streaming service?-1464124746196.jpg  
    05-24-2016 04:19 PM
    Do you not see the $9.99 option?

05-24-2016 05:19 PM
114 1234 ...