When I first got my Motorola Droid in November 2009, Pandora would pause the music for a second when a text, email or phone call would come in, then continue playing after the notification sound ended. However it does not do that anymore and I really liked that feature. I wear headphones at work all day and even with my phone on vibrate, I don't always hear or feel it vibrate on my desk and would like to be alerted while listening to music.

Is there such an app that will alert you while you're wearring headphones that you have a new notification without having to look every 5 minutes so that you don't miss something?
    03-16-2011 12:03 PM
    So long as you're on wifi or 3g it should do that but not on edge.
    My phone still let sms, emails phone calls through while using pandora.
    03-16-2011 01:01 PM
    still recieve all those things, too, but I'd like to be able to just hear when I get a notification. Wether Pandora pauses, or I can hear a sound just through my headphones (ie. not having the ringer on).
    03-16-2011 03:37 PM
    Like I was saying yes I get a pause and can hear the notification sound through the headphones, for sms emails and phone calls.
    NeXus 1 running 2.3.3
    03-16-2011 09:56 PM
    It is possible that Tasker can do this. You'd have to ask someone here who's good at Tasker profiles. But this seems like something that's right up it's alley... although I would imagine you might have to close/exit pandora if you can make this work because I doubt Tasker can pause it. Then again who knows?
    03-17-2011 10:28 PM
    Ok i did a little research and as far as I've been able to tell here's the deal. Tasker will in fact do this for you, but it will only do it with the actual media player, not pandora. It works with the major media players like winamp, however Pandora cannot be controlled by Taskers media control section, so aside from open/closing pandora there is nothing that you can do to control it via Tasker. Not sure why it no longer pauses for SMS for you, but it would appear that its going to stay that way unless you want close pandora completely when a text is received.

Edit: I am now working on a profile that will mute the media volume when an SMS is received, then unmute it 10 seconds later(or whatever time you like). This should do the trick at least in theory. If i get it working I'll post it.
    03-17-2011 10:58 PM
    Ok i have it, it's not really very difficult either And it works perfectly with Pandora. At this point, you should go and download Tasker. I will warn you it costs a few dollars, i wanna say about 6. But it can do about 12,000,000 things so I do feel it's totally worth it. If you do get it, post here and I will PM you a how to on this.
    03-17-2011 11:19 PM
    Wow, the screenshots are intimidating. Do I need a degree to understand this?
    03-24-2011 10:00 AM