Looking for app / having app idea for reuse with your collegues

epettersson

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi! First time question poster, sorry if I do this all wrong.

Can you please help me find an app?
I want to promote reuse in the company I work for, meaning providing an app that the around 100 employees can use to buy and sell stuff between each other, just like an old time bulletin board. There are dozens of buy/sell apps out there, I know, but there need to be a few specs for it to work the way I like.
Need to have
* App should be free, otherwise there will be too few using it.
* Posting stuff should be free, same reason.
* You should not have to register, same reason.
* All postings should be in a specific list, so that it doesn't mix with strangers postings.
* Some assistance for writing the ad i.e. title, who, description, price
* Adding pictures to postings
* Available also as a Iphone-app, to maximize users
Nice to have
* Password for accessing the list
* Automatic deletion after a long time
* Exporting postings so that I can promote postings on other places in the company.

So, what's so great about reusing with your collegues? Why not just ebay etc?
* Transportation is easy and cheap, just bring it to and from work.
* Relation, you already trust each other (hopefully)
* Relation, just talk about it at the coffe machine.
* Added value that someone you know will use your old stuff.
* Items can be "Buddy-priced"
* Since the price and effort required are very low, more stuff (e.g low valued) can be exchanged that otherwise just would have been sitting in the closet.

Any ideas are appreciated! If there is no such app on the market, build one! Companies would probably be willing to pay a subscription fee for a nice build one to offer this to their employees as a perk or most likely for showing that they are doing something for the environment. I know my company would!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Instead of an app....why not share a Google document? One person can create it, is the admin for the list, and is the one who removes items?

epettersson

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
You´re right, it does not have to be an app. Could also be on a website or something else. Must though be possible to upload a picture of the item, would that work in a Google document? The threshold must be as low as possible for the user, my experience is that average Joe never opens a document, it's just to much work... and could also give up if he must upload a picture via a computer. I think an app is the way to go - Just shoot a picture of your bike, enter the description, the price and share.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX