Geotag photo

Annie Gray

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I have a Galaxy S6 and need to take photos on locations around the UK. To prove I have been there my photo needs latitude/longitude, date and time actually on the photo so I can send to the customer. I do have GeoTag on in my settings but I have to go into the photo then more options which is great but when I email the photo, those details are lost?

I need to email my photo with all the geo location details visible to the customer, struggling to find an App that can do this?

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
If your email app is wrongly removing the EXIF data from your photos, you need to get a better email app.
Which one are you currently using?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
If your email app is wrongly removing the EXIF data from your photos, you need to get a better email app.
Which one are you currently using?

I don't think that is the problem. I interpreted it as she wants a camera app or tool which is capable of adding the date and location info directly onto the image, as in watermarking. Like this:

CameraZOOM-20160608163559617.jpg

This was taken with Camera Zoom FX and set to print the address on the image along with the datestamp. Rather than actual address, I could have selected Latitude/Longitude.

Annie Gray

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
ok all i want to do is take a photo on mt Galaxy S6 or S5 an then have the details of the location, time and date either on the photo or attached to it somehow. I can then email it to the customer using MS Exchange and they receive the email, click on it and then can see the details. Like you would a normal email attachment

To get Camera Zoom FX to date stamp etc do I have to purchase as I cannot see the option on the Free Option

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
ok all i want to do is take a photo on mt Galaxy S6 or S5 an then have the details of the location, time and date either on the photo or attached to it somehow. I can then email it to the customer using MS Exchange and they receive the email, click on it and then can see the details. Like you would a normal email attachment

To get Camera Zoom FX to date stamp etc do I have to purchase as I cannot see the option on the Free Option

At the bottom of the main screen, tap the three bar menu icon:
Screenshot_20160609-084619.jpg

Then the Settings button:
Screenshot_20160609-084628.jpg

ON the next screen, tap the Save icon on the right, then put a tick in the Timestamp box, then set the timestamp options which will be visible after ticking the box. Scroll down to see the location options:
Screenshot_20160609-084646.jpg

The app developer has a great webpage at "The Best Camera App for Android" - lifehacker

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox