Audio Book skip in shuffle

stryder36x

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
On the stock music app (or any app) (Droid X) is there any way to get it to ignore audio book tracks in shuffle? I don't use playlists, I really do just like endless shuffle, but every app I've tried picks up random audio book tracks in shuffle.

My audio books are in a totally different folder than my music (in fact buried in 2 subdirectories).

I found something on Google that suggested I place a .nomedia file in the folder so I did (I actually copied a .nomedia file from the folder of another app, an ebook reader, but .nomedia is the same right?) but that did nothing as far as I can tell.

I've used: stock, doubletwist, mixzing, mort, and a few other apps hoping I could get them the focus solely on one folder or exclude a folder but to no avail.

Help? It really is annoying

bignates

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I found your post while searching for a solution for the exact same problem. Unfortunately, I haven't seen anything like 'skip when shuffling' like itunes has, but my makeshift solution was to create a playlist called 'All Music' and just add everything (an album at a time) except audiobooks to that. Took 5 minutes and I'm on with life. Good luck!