can one purchase of an app be used on multiple devices?

John Carmichael

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
I am new to Android phones and tablets so I am having a hard time finding information about a basic idea, that a license to use an app can be transferred from device to device. My app is the game Osmos HD, which I purchased from the Android Market for $2.99 for use on my ASUS phone. Now I want to use it on a Galaxy Tablet instead. Just wondering if I can transfer the license or how I would go about finding that out.

Last edited:

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hello John, welcome to the forums. All your apps, free or paid, are linked to your Google account and they will install in all your devices associated with this account. Don't worry, you don't need to pay twice for the same app.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, that answers my question. I don't see a place to mark the thread as "answered" but I can figure it out, I will.

Glad it helped! It's not that easy changing the thread title. If you are using the Android Central Forums apps you could try this. Open your thread, tap on your first post, select edit and change the title. You can always report your own threads and explain to the moderators what you want to do and they can help you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon