Definition - please

zuben el genubi

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
What exactly are ebook formats? Are they considered data or media?

I'm trying to add a couple of books to the external SD card on 6.0 MPRE, and while Pocketbook sees some stuff on the card, it won't find the books folder. I happen to consider books media. They are mostly EPUB and a couple of non-DRM pdf files. (I scanned and converted my camera manuals)

Now if in its general wisdom Android has decided that ebooks are data, I'd like to know and I'd file in the appropriate area rather than try to force the ext. card.

Thanks.

zuben el genubi

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
That is NOT what I asked. I'm very familiar with formats.

I'm trying to put a file on an external SD card with a phone using Marshmallow. The Reader (Pocketbook) I'm using sees the EXT card, but not the book folder. I can fudge the books on the card, but if books are data, it will do no good.

The phone in question is a Moto Pure which came with 6.0 and following instructions on the EXT card, I left it as media.

I understand that in MM the EXT card has to be either media or data. My card is media. I consider books media but does Marshmallow see media or data? The books are the common non-drm EPUB and they are geological tracts which is why I want them on the phone.

I have also scanned my camera and phone manuals and saved them as PDF. Again, data or media? I keep those on the phone for reference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007