Please share your views/tips/suggestions.
    06-20-2016 09:34 AM
    Hi, can you elaborate on what the actual app would do?
    06-20-2016 09:43 AM
    It has been years since I had to deal with HIPAA regulations....
    You will need to see which apps store messages on third-party servers and which ones don't.
    Encryption of the messages would always be a good idea, but not a popular feature by the creators.
    Most likely, the biggest requirement will be a security lock on your phone if not on the texting app.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-20-2016 12:58 PM
    Access: App locks after a period of inactivity to ensure no unauthorized access. Users need to re-authenticate with password, PIN or Touch ID (on iPhones).
    Access: Long-term message retention is then available in the archive.
    Configuration: " Three options: Text only, text & pictures, text, pictures and video"
    Configuration: Access, configurationa and use via a Desktop Client
    Configuration: Administration: Settings for message expiration, logging, audit trails, Inactivity Logout.
    Configuration: Allow multiple parties involved with clinical decision making to be looped in on the same message
    Integration: Integrate with scheduling systems to create automatic notifications of pending events
    Integration: Patient/Consenting Authority can add up to 10 additional recipients to receive updates on the surgery. select them from your contacts and a pre-made text invitation is sent to them with instructions to join in the updates.
    Integration: Text messages that relate to patient treatment are incorporated into the medical record and then deleted from the mobile device:
    Message Delivery: All messages have an expiration and the Admin can select the appropriate expiration period (i.e., 7 days).
    Message Delivery: If a user sends a message to the wrong user, he can recall it and it is no longer accessible by the incorrect recipient.
    Message Delivery: Offers ability to specify that only certain non-urgent information may be included in a text messaging.
    Message Delivery: there must be verification of who received the message (i.e., an authentication process):
    Recovery: A remote mobile app wipe option in case a phone is lost;
    Recovery: Devices are “registered” with the practice, and in the event the device is lost or stolen, the practice is immediately notified: and
    Recovery: Remote wipe. Set the remote wipe feature so it can be activated if the wireless device is lost.
    Reporting: Message Read Receipts
    Reporting: Text messages can be audited, monitored, and easily accessed:
    Storage: Messages are stored on the device in encrypted format only when absolutely necessary for business purposes and delete it as soon as feasible. Set a policy to save e-PHI on your mobile device for no more than on month.
    Text messages are retained or deleted pursuant to defined protocols:
    Priority Tones for Texts & Pages
    User Experience: Separate Inboxes for Text/Paging
    User Experience: Unavailable/Do Not Disturb/Off Duty: Mobile Users can change availability status.
    06-21-2016 05:11 PM