I have seen and read plenty about Geo tagging and how to turn it off. What I don't find, however, is any mention of the REST of the data that is still attached to every photo. I'm talking about: the make and model of the phone, possibly a serial #, date, photo editing software used, time, etc..
    Who's business is it to know what phone make and model, or processing software, or ANY thing else that I'm using? It is immaterial why, it is enough to say I don't wish for those details to be handed over. I just want a photo. With that said, why don't any of the camera apps on smartphones allow you to TURN OFF such tagging, or choose what it is tagged with? Yes, there are apps to strip it off but that is a PITA and why should I have to go back after I've taken a photo (assuming I don't forget) and remove the info? Why should I have to load an app at all? Why can't we just lose the tag to begin with and have it not be attached...ever? Where are the camera apps that allow you to turn off the data so that all you get is the freakin picture? Fine, attach an arbitrary file name without any logic to the structure. Better yet, allow the owner to assign his or her own file name format, if it is desired. Have I overlooked any such camera app, or am I correct in believing that we are being FORCED to give out our information?

Camera: LG-V??? Android OS: 6.??? Time: AA:BB a.m. Date: ab/cd/efgh
    Authored by: XYZPDQ
    06-30-2016 08:06 AM
    Most apps don't have the option since most users would never use it. Add the fact that most every picture sharing platform out there will strip EXIF data without much fuss, there's not much of a need.

Have you sent any of the camera devs feedback about this? Some of the more popular ones are small shops, I am sure you'd get a response.
    Aquila likes this.
    06-30-2016 12:55 PM
    The biggest reason for it being there is that the serious photography people all want to see the data.

Some of the data is required for the proper viewing of the image (color space, rotation, etc).
    06-30-2016 02:14 PM
    Thanks for the input. I believe it far better to not apply data in the first place, and then not have to worry about it. The other method, stripping it off after the fact, puts a burden on me to have to deal with each and every photo. Why invent work for ourselves? I've sent emails to one or two but no reply yet. How about rooting, will that enable me to edit, and set as default, the exif I wish to attach?

Most apps don't have the option since most users would never use it. Add the fact that most every picture sharing platform out there will strip EXIF data without much fuss, there's not much of a need.

Have you sent any of the camera devs feedback about this? Some of the more popular ones are small shops, I am sure you'd get a response.
    07-10-2016 03:21 AM