I am coming from a custom Ipod Classic, I have a huge library of music and now that my new phone (HTC 10) accepts big micro sd cards and 256gb cards are starting to come out I am looking to transition over to my phone as my main MP3 player.

I am looking for something that will let me easily mange my large library, I would like to be able to only view specific directories that I choose so other audio files that are on my phone that aren't part of my library aren't lumped into my collection.

Also while I have you, on my PC I use Itunes to play my music locally and obviously this is how I put songs on my Ipod, is there an alternative program I can use instead of Itunes now on a Windows PC to play my music and maybe even manage the music on my phone?
    07-03-2016 03:08 PM
    There are many, from the stock player to the things like Google Play, but from what you are describing (I have a huge library, too) what makes sense is a properly designed program with a way better interface and more options. That answer is: PowerAmp. Among other things, it lets you choose what folders will be scanned. Its interface puts Google Play to shame.

As for transfer, plug the device into your computer with a USB cord and you can simply copy with a File Explorer manually. I buy a lot of music on Amazon for instance. The downloader to your computer makes it easy to find the files on the computer. Plug in your device, attached to a USB port. Just copy the files manually. (COPY--that means you retain backups on your hard drive.) I'm sure there are programs that automate stuff like this, but I haven't paid much attention as this is really easy.
    ManiacJoe likes this.
    07-03-2016 03:34 PM