I bought my S7 a little over a week ago. When I fist started using it, I was receiving Facebook Push notifications. But they have now stopped except for the Birthday and "you have memories" notifications. And when I was getting the notifications, I would not get notifications for likes or shares of my post, comments or pages.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I have cleared the data and cache. I have all notifications on for the app.

Any help would be appreciated?
    07-05-2016 09:53 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! When you mention that you have all notifications on for the app, are you talking about the ones in the App Settings (i.e., when you open Facebook, tap the Menu button, then App Settings)? What if you log into Facebook on your computer browser, click on your account settings there, and click the Notifications section there?
    07-05-2016 01:09 PM
    Yes, it is on. Went to internet browser on phone, logged in to facebook, went to account settings, notifications, turned them on. They worked yesterday but today they stopped working again. Everything is the same as yesterday after they started working. When I log on to the computer browser, it states to turn them on or off in the app.
    07-06-2016 04:49 PM
    Go to Settings>Data Usage, and make sure Restrict Background Data isn't turned on, either universally or specifically for Facebook.
    07-06-2016 05:06 PM
    Restrict Background Data is turned off. I have been getting notifications for comments, some posts and birthdays. I don't seem to be getting notifications for likes and group post or comments. I had my facebook opened in my internet tab all day yesterday and it was hit or miss on notifications. I closed it today to see if I would still get notifications. Just waiting for one to come in. This problem is happening on both AT&T Network and WiFi. See pictures.
    Attached Thumbnails Facebook Push Notifications not working on S7-phone-app-permissions.jpg   Facebook Push Notifications not working on S7-phone-application-settings.jpg   Facebook Push Notifications not working on S7-phone-notification-settings.jpg   Facebook Push Notifications not working on S7-facbook-mobile-internet-notifications-settings.jpg   Facebook Push Notifications not working on S7-facebook-app-notification-settings.jpg  

07-07-2016 12:09 PM
    Is the Facebook app up to date? Also, try wiping the cache partition (which is different from the app cache, and won't erase any personal data): https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-24999
    07-07-2016 11:06 PM
    Facebook Push Notifications not working on S7-screenshot_20160718-090247.jpgSorry, I just saw this reply. I have been getting most of my updates now, except some likes or shared notifications. I will try wiping the cache partition today. But now I am get two notifications for each notification in my status bar. One has the Facebook "F" and the other is a bell shape. The bell shape notification takes me to the website. The "F" takes me to the app. Before you suggest I turn off Chrome notifications, I have Chrome to not push notifications and I don't use Chrome to log in to Facebook. I had to sign into Chrome just to make sure it was not sending notifications. The new notification is really annoying.
    07-18-2016 08:47 AM
    Are Chrome notifications for Facebook turned off everywhere, including on your desktop Chrome (if you use it there)?

Does the S7 come with any preinstalled Facebook apps that interface directly with TouchWiz? Phones often used to have these preinstalled social hubs, but they've mostly fallen out of favor.
    07-18-2016 04:45 PM