Consistent glitches with home++

rick707

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
Ok, I have tried many home replacement setups and I really love home++ on the droid. However, I am having some consistent glitches and wonder if I'm doing to much or its just the way the program is. Here is my setup:
I have 6 screens and 18 widgets total.
7 of them are the beautiful widget set (2 clocks, 5 of the bluetooth etc icons)
Pandora
2 of the Dock launcher widgets
1 reuters news widget
1 rss reader
2 calander widgets (trying to go to one but that is one of the glitches...)
handcent SMS (not sure if this really counts but I added it as a widget)
Youtube (factory stock one)
music (factory stock)
Audio manager

I also have flyscreen running.

Here are the issues I continue to have:
1. Beautiful widgets randomly say "error inflating widgets"
This happens with other widgets but not very often compared to beautiful widgets. Generally locking the screen once or twice and unlocking will fix the issue but its annoying of course

2. the biggest problem is when I go to remove a widget from the screen. For example, I have a 4x4 version of calwidget I want to remove from one of the pages and when I go to long press, it will simply act like I'm going to scroll between a panel. However, the power strip from home++ does not show up but it gets stuck with the trash can. The icons for calling, favorites etc are all still in place but they are invisible but you can still press them. The only way to fix this has been to power down the phone and then power it back up

If anyone has any helpful ideas I would appreciate it! I plan on emailing this to the developer also

mostendorf34

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Hey I was using home++ for awhile and loved it, the dock at the bottom was the best but I was having problems similar to yours, especially with beautiful widgets and was getting 10-15 force closes a day and finally couldn't take it. Keep in mind it's free and a beta version so I'm keeping it installed and waiting for an update before trying it again. Before giving up on it until and update I rooted and overclocked my droid and that's been working great with the stock home for me but I do miss the dock on Home++

cmorty72#AC

The bending unit
Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
I've encountered the same issues that you both are experiencing with Home++.
The way I've found to resolve the glitches, is to uninstall Home++.... and then reload it again. The same goes with DX Top.
I guess it has to do with the way the home replacement apps react to whatever OS is being ran on your android phone.

rick707

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
I've encountered the same issues that you both are experiencing with Home++.
The way I've found to resolve the glitches, is to uninstall Home++.... and then reload it again. The same goes with DX Top.
I guess it has to do with the way the home replacement apps react to whatever OS is being ran on your android phone.

Did doing this actually fix your issues?

MikeB

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Also, if you have installed another home replacement, they may conflict. I would uninstall all home replacements and just reinstall home++

that1bb

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
That is good to know. I just use the stock home because it is way less buggy than any others and it is faster. I just got used to having 3 screens and enjoy it more now. I may have to try uninstalling and reinstalling them again. It is fun to play around with different home screens.